OK....give me a creative way to wrap a $100 bill for Christmas.... | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

OK....give me a creative way to wrap a $100 bill for Christmas....

Last post Dec 18, 2006 8:35 PM by ToniTNY . 35 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 3 (36 items) 123
  • OK....give me a creative way to wrap a $100 bill for Christmas....
    Just looking for a different and creative way to wrap money for a gift.

Suggestions?

Thanks!!
    PM
    False
  • RE: OK....give me a creative way to wrap a $100 bill for Christmas....
    How about getting a book on origami and making a cute thing out of it?
    False
    I would make it into a christmas cracker....and tie the ends with lovely red bows or whatevre colour you like..I have done money that ways beofre (checks..)and turened them into crackers..without the bang! of course(although oyu vcan buy that paper with the snappy end.... them iddle bit from a hollow tube or toilet roll inside...and then wrap the outer paper very tightly round the roll...pop them oney in..and perhaps some little tiny jokey thing or knicknack....ties up the ends..they look so nice done that way...if the ribbon is really attractive it is stunning...
    False
    Mimi, if that's the one for me, you really don't need to wrap it. I'm not fussy. However, if you insist, then maybe you could just wrap it in another $100 bill?
    False
    LOL at YoopergrammaUP_MI !!! Sorry, but it's just tooooo cold for me to bring it up to ya!

Actually, it's for DH. He mentioned something he'd like to have for his boat the other day. He knows I've finished my shopping, so it will be fun to surprise him by giving him the money to buy the boat thingy.

Thanks for the ideas so far....any more??
    False
    Really want to surprise him?

Change the bill for pennies.
    False
    Never take a sleeping pill and a laxative at the same time.
    Our daughter one year got a 100 one dollar bills & attached them to one of those small cute little Christmas trees(about 4" high). Being as our granddaughter always thinks money grows on trees, we told her for the tree to grow more money she would have to take care of it year round till next Xmas.

Mommy bought her a Razor cel-phone this year!! ...LOL

False
    For my kids one year I got a big box and put box after box in it/ They had to unwrap about 4 boxes to get to the money.

This one is gross, One year my Nephew made a chocolite creme pie for his sister. On the bottom of the pie wrapped in handi wrap he put her 50 bucks. In order for her to get to her present he made her eat the pie with no hands until she got to her gift. We had a ball watching her.
    False
    A new shirt with a corner of the bill sticking out of the pocket.

Put it in a ziploc bag and freeze it in a block of ice. Cold hard cash!

Tape 100 one dollar bills together end to end, put them in a Kleenex or some other box, with just one peeking out. He pulls it and pulls and pulls and pulls ....

I had a brother in law once who was giving his sister and mother money for Christmas. He knew of a canning factory, put the money in a ziploc bag and had them can the money in a can of water and put a vegetable label on the outside of the can.
    False
    When I was at the Bank last week, a gal came in and asked for 50 $1.00 bills..new! She was making oragami shirts...they were adorable! She said to just google oragami. They actually looked just like a mans button down shirt! Very cute!!
    False

.....it is WHAT it is.....

Put into a picture frame and then they can keep the little frame.

Molly
    False
    Here's a site to look at...they even had a sailboat...that would be cute to do!

http://members.cox.net/crandall11/money/
    False

.....it is WHAT it is.....

Here is a fun idea- go to Home Depot of Lowes and look in the paint isle. You can get new paint cans with tops so it looks like a gallon of paint. Put the bill inside, hammer the top down and decorate the outside. I am doing this with my three year old for a gift for my husband!
    False
    There are kiosks at some malls that put your gift into a tin can and 'seal' the top on, so that the only way to open it, is to use a can openner!

donnac
    False
    Copied from the other gift wrap post:

I have a good can opener that takes the whole top cleanly and smoothy off the can.
    I get a good can and wash it thoroughly. I either leave the label on just for fun, or take it off and make my own.
    Then I put the giftcard or money or small present inside and hot glue the can lid back on.
    My mom once gave my dad money tucked inside some pretty hankies that said "Go blow it"
    *giggle*
    I've also seen people fold money into little shapes like cranes and such.
    False

*This post has likely been edited for spelling and/or grammar at least five times.