Crisco as face cream | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Crisco as face cream

Last post Dec 19, 2006 10:16 PM by mcate . 21 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 12
  • Crisco as face cream
    I was just chatting with a friend and she was telling me that she went to the dermatologist recently because she was having a reaction to a facial moisturizer.

The derma told her to use Crisco because it's effective, cheap, and mild.

False
  • RE: Crisco as face cream
    hmmm...not sure I could do that. But, people use eggs, cucumbers, mayo, etc as beauty treatments so why not crisco! LOL
    False
    Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. "John Wooden"
    That sounds interesting, I might try it. I use mayo for my hair and it makes it feel so good. I hate eating it though, its nasty.
    DJ
    False
    I had a Dermatologist as well as a Pediatrician suggest Crisco Shortening for DS's Eczema. They say it works . . .
    False
    LOL, I used to use it on my babies to prevent diaper rash. It sure worked and their skin was very soft and good looking. My DS was allergic to fabric softeners, we never could figure out which one, he would react then not. So I smeared him all over in crisco and it helped his skin. The rash went away and stayed away.

Karen :)
    False
    PAGS! SERIOUSLY!! LOL Try it! OK, I am not going to LOL!

It works!
    False
    Who woulda thunk that "welfare whip" could be used for anything else? LOL!!
    False

Some days, I can literally see the testosterone floating in the air around here. 

Goes back to the origin of the Crisco dialogue in the CCC. It's a "belled-ism".

I thought that you knew all that.
    False

Some days, I can literally see the testosterone floating in the air around here. 

Grease on my face? Sure to make me break out. But I'm sure my hands got a serious moisture treatment today. I made broth from the fat and scraps, after trimming a big piece of beef (for a holiday roast, and a pile of steaks). When the broth was done and mostly cooled, I spent about half an hour separating meat from the fat. My hands were waxed!
    False
    My neighbor is a plastic surgeon...he says it what they give out to their patients...only they put it in a fancy container so they will use it! Too funny!!!!!
    False
    Barbara Walters said last week on the View, it's been her secret for years!
    False

Rebecca