what colors would go with a blue/grey carpet | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

what colors would go with a blue/grey carpet

Last post Feb 26, 2007 6:31 PM by wickerchair . 13 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
  • what colors would go with a blue/grey carpet
    the apartment my DD just rented has wall to wall in every room that is blue/grey. Everything else about the apartment is great. Can any one help her to decide on what color curtains to go with. She dont want the whole house in tan curtains.
    False
  • RE: what colors would go with a blue/grey carpet
    darker shades of blue or grey...off white...even some reds...
    False

It's not how you start, it's how you end....so end strong!!

Walk yourself strong!!

Burgandy, Dark green, or dark blue, if the carpet is on the light side.
    False
    Great, her BF really wanted one room to have either burgandy or some sort of red.
    False
    how about peach shades...
    False

I also have blue/grey carpet...I hate it. I want to get new floors, but in the meantime, I have white walls and half of my dining area is a pretty blue with gray undertones. I plan on painting this Spring. I'm gonna try a slight yellow color...like buttercream with white trim. I'm thinking a country French look. We'll see.
    False
    I also think that a burgundy or a dark red will look nice. Maybe a yellow? Yellow and brown is making a come back. Don't know, good luck.
    False
    a fabric store and get some fabric remenants, or find something i a thrift shop for a couple fo dollars in those colorssuggested. hold them against the caroet and pick your color. Then take the one you pick to a drapery place and use the other for clening rags.
    False
    Go to a wall paint section of a home store and locate a color wheel. Find the blue/grey color on the wheel and then look directly across the wheel from it to find complimentary colors.
    False
    Another vote for burgundy and also mauve. Peach would also be nice.
    False
    It depends on what colors are in her furniture. She would want to tie the colors in her furniture to whatever she picks.
    False
    I too have blue-grey. Mine has some black in it too. I went with Charcoal,brick red & black for colors. Cloud grey on the walls. Black accents. Sharp looking!
    False
    I think certian shades of blue and green look great together. Of course it has to be the right shades. Usually pale shade I think.
    False