What can I serve with potato salad? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

What can I serve with potato salad?

Last post May 18, 2007 3:11 PM by karenbc . 18 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 12
  • What can I serve with potato salad?
    I just made a big bowl of potato salad for supper. Now, what can I serve with it? LOL

I just had a craving for it but I have no idea what to fix for the main course. Ideas???

False
    Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. "John Wooden"
  • RE: What can I serve with potato salad?
    Bar-b-qued ribs!!!!
    False
    Ham, fried chicken, roasted chicken, BBQ'd pork chops, and did I mention ham?
    False

The secret of happiness is not in doing what one likes, but in liking what one has to do. ~Barrie

Math is fun!

Click for Soldotna, Alaska Forecast

Ooohh, RedLisa, if only I had some! That would be so good.

Note to self...pick up ribs at store next time I go! ;)

Thanks!
    False
    Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. "John Wooden"
    How about some baked chicken?

I like to serve potato salad with chicken marinara: baked chicken breast topped with marinara sauce, sprinkled with a little dill weed and some parmesan cheese. And a cooked green veggie to round out the meal.
    False
    Grill out some burgers, hot dogs or brats

we are doing that tonight and smoked chops tomorrow
    False
     Photobucket
    Ribs, chicken, burgers, hot dogs on the grill. Or ham. And deviled eggs. Can't have potato salad without deviled eggs.
    False
    Wow, so many ideas.

Okay, I have chicken and I have ground beef. Oh, I have hot dogs too but we had those a couple of nights ago because I just didn't feel like cooking.

Great ideas, let me go see what's in the pantry. I now have a craving for something barbecue!!
    False
    Grilled burgers and hot dogs. Done!
    False

Rebecca

Meatloaf is good with potato salad. Though I really can't think of a food that isn't good with potato salad. I just like meatloaf.
    False
    LOL! I thought I was the only one who planned a menu around a side dish!
    False

hot dogs?

Or do you mean something more fancy

hot dogs and potato salad seem to go together, like a summer meal.

As to deviled eggs, I usually put mashed up hardboiled eggs in potato salad when I make it.

False
    Okay, this is what I think I will make with my potato salad:

Hot dogs & hamburgers since I have a few of both but not a lot of one. I'm also fixing baked beans and strawberry shortcake.

Now, this is still subject to change! LOL

LOL @ mammaw!! It's pitiful, isn't it?? LOL Sometimes I'll have a craving for something and plan the whole meal around it. Other times I just need to use something up before it goes bad.
    False
    Oh, and starchild, I put eggs in my potato salad too. Although if I had enough time I would consider making deviled eggs...I love those too!!
    False
    I am glad that I am not the only one too that plans meals around side dishes...when I make potato and macaroni salad it is always enough for at least 2 meals so I am planning what meat to go with them!!!!
    False

Old age ain't no place for sissies . -Bette Davis-