Curtis Stone (Take Home Chef) fried chicken recipe | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Curtis Stone (Take Home Chef) fried chicken recipe

Last post Jun 04, 2007 1:00 PM by 2MagnoliaTrees_LA_f_42 . 10 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
  • Curtis Stone (Take Home Chef) fried chicken recipe
    I've searched the site after just watching this episode "Chanelle and Lindsay" but can't find the fried chicken recipe. I'm googley-eyed from looking at all the recipes. Has someone else found it and if so, you could post it here please and thank you.
    False
  • RE: Curtis Stone (Take Home Chef) fried chicken recipe
    You guys are bound and dtermined to make me hungry for fried chicken!
    False

DO NOT REGRET GROWING OLDER.

IT'S A PRIVILEGE DENIED TO MANY.

No, I can't find it either. I was watching a show last week with a halibut recipe, and searched the website, but I couldn't find that recipe either.

I figure it's gotta to be one of two things:

a) they are old re-runs, and they have taken the recipes off the website.

b) or they are new shows, and the website is not up to date!
    False
    I had Church's Fried chicken for lunch/supper today. And I'm having Cocoa Puffs as a nightime snack!
    False
    I'll gladly pay you tomorrow for a hamburger today - Wimpy
    Who cares about the food he cooks?? I'd take him home in a heartbeat. LOL LOL
    False

He is on TLC on our network. Yes, would love to run into him...lol. Never a chance in the south it appears.
    False
    I must say...I would love to meet him in a Kroger in the South. Oh well, will continue to watch.
    False
    I'm thinking the website isn't up to date. If I met him in the grocery store and he asked what my DH would like, I'd say shellfish for sure. We'd both love a feed of lobster or scallops or crab or heck even halibut. They're all too pricey for us to buy but Curtis has a nice expense account.
    False
    From the TLC website.

Southern-Style Fried Chicken
    Serves 4

3 t salt, divided
    One 4-pound whole chicken, backbone removed, chicken cut into 8 pieces, skinned (except for wings)
    3 c buttermilk
    1½ c all purpose flour
    2 T dry mustard
    1 T paprika
    2 t garlic powder
    1½ t onion powder
    3/4 t freshly ground black pepper
    3 large eggs
    2 t water
    6 c grapeseed oil or canola oil, for frying

Massage 1½ teaspoons of salt into the chicken pieces. Combine the chicken pieces and buttermilk in a large bowl, and turn the chicken pieces to ensure they are completely coated with the buttermilk.
    Cover with plastic and refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to 1 day. Stir the flour, dry mustard, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt, and pepper in a medium shallow bowl to blend. Transfer the flour mixture to a baking sheet.
    Whisk the eggs and water in the same medium shallow bowl to blend. Preheat the oven to 300°F/150°C. Place a large wok over medium to high heat. Once the wok is hot, add the oil.
    Lay the chicken pieces on paper towels to absorb some of the excess moisture, but being careful not to wipe too much of the excess buttermilk off of the chicken pieces. Discard the buttermilk in the bowl.
    Carefully dredge each chicken piece in the flour mixture to coat completely. Dredge the flour-coated chicken pieces in the egg wash and then in the flour mixture again to coat completely.
    Working in 3 batches, carefully place the coated chicken pieces into the hot oil and cook for 6 minutes on each side or until they are golden brown and almost cooked through.
    Using tongs, transfer the chicken pieces to a colander to drain any excess oil. Then place the chicken pieces on paper towels to absorb any remaining excess oil.
    Place all the chicken pieces on a heavy baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until the chicken pieces are cooked through but still moist and juicy.
    False
    http://tlc.discovery.com/fansites/takehomechef/recipes/episode1105_02.html

Check this out for the hailbut recipe.

Gail
    False
    "Tammi_IN Posted on: 5/22/2007 8:46:10 PM
    #R9105151
    Who cares about the food he cooks?? I'd take him home in a heartbeat. LOL LOL"

ME too. He's tall, very handsome AND MOST IMPORTANT HE COOKS!!!!!!!!Especially with that Aussie accent he reminds me of ----who else----my absolute favorite musician, KEITH URBAN!
    False

Aspiring to inspire before I expire! Faith, Family, Friends!