Do U ay Stuffing or Dressing/ How do U make it ? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Do U ay Stuffing or Dressing/ How do U make it ?

Last post Oct 15, 2007 7:41 PM by soccer_mom . 20 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 2 of 2 (21 items) 12
  • RE: Do U ay Stuffing or Dressing/ How do U make it ?
    Our favorite is very simple, and I do not have exact measurements so it never turns out exactly the same twice!
    I set out bread slices the night before-I use whatever type bread I happen to have (Mostly white, but I have added hamburger and hot dog buns if I have some that need to be used up).
    1 cubed apple
    1 small onion
    sage
    salt
    I cube the bread in a large bowl. Add the cubed apple, diced onion, sage(probably about 1-2 tablespoons of dry sage), and small amount of salt. I moisten this with just enough warm water so it sticks together when mixing by hand. The apple is actually what keeps this moist, along with the juices from the chicken or turkey as it is roasting.
    Stuff the bird and roast according to roasting directions for your bird.
    I also use this same stuffing on top of pork chops, then cover with a can of cream of chicken soup, cover with tin foil and bake until chops are done. This is delicious and easy!!
    False
    I call it dressing.

I boil the neck of the turkey (don't care for innards). I refrigerate the broth and skim the fat off. I break up bread (about 3 loaves) Add about 3 cups of broth (we like it moist). I add diced onions, celery, my own poultry seasoning (without salt), black pepper and Mrs. Dash. I stuff as much as I can into the bird and put the rest in a casserole dish.
    False
    I would put raisins in it but I'm the only one that likes it that way.
    False
    I say stuffing,and I get mine from a box,lol!
    False
    I call it stuffing,but I've never stuffed it,lol.I don't have anexact recipe.I use about an entire loaf of day old bread,some chicken broth,onions,salt,pepper,poultry seasoning,and some sage.I just add things together until it looks and tasts right.Oh,and I use butter,and bake it in the oven.I don't use celery(it IS useless,anyway),but that's because I don't like it.Now you have me longing for Thanksgiving dinner!!
    False

I use Catherine Clark's Brownberry Dressing(though I call it stuffing) the sage and onion flavor. To that I add chicken broth and a 1 lb. roll of breakfast sausage seasoned with sage that I brown lightly; chopped celery and onion. I always stuff the bird with it. If there are leftovers I put it in a casserole dish and bake it with the turkey neck on it for flavoring.

Julie
    False