Cleaning rust off of Corelle dishes | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Cleaning rust off of Corelle dishes

Last post Jun 12, 2013 4:05 PM by mamma482__MN . 9 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
  • Cleaning rust off of Corelle dishes
    DD has some Corelle dishes that have gotten rust stains from the dishwasher. Is there any way to get these stains off the dishes?

Gail
    False
  • RE: Cleaning rust off of Corelle dishes
    SOS pad works well. Don't worry about scratching it, that isn't a problem. I LOVE MINE!
    False
    Barkeeper's Friend.
    False
    I always used toothpaste or Softscrub when I cleaned off the rust. I also know of someone who had extremely high iron in their water and had the all white Corelle dishes. She would run a load of the dishes with Snowbowl in her dishwasher every few weeks and that brightened them up and got rid of all the rust really well.

Lea
    False
    I was told that just table salt removes rust stains. Worth a try, isn't it??? /rayt721
    False

If you can't have the best of everything, make the best of everything that you have!!!

i put my dishes in a sink of water that has some Iron-out in it, makes mine white again, no rubbing or scrubing just soak for a few mins.
    False
    I have used CLR and also used Whink.
    Both are available in the cleaning aisle at Wal-Mart. Whink is poison,
    so be very careful. Won't hurt the dishes, but might cause a problem if
    you drank a tanker truck full or something. I keep it all the time, as we have rust in our water at times, and it never hits until I put in a load of towels or white clothes, or maybe that is when I can
    see it. LOL. If she wants to try the lemon juice thing, I have used that on clothes and it worked. Just put salt on the area and dribble lemon juice on it and set it out in the sun.
    BB
    False
    Thanks everyone. Loads of ideas to try. I'll pass all of these on and let you know what works.

Gail
    False
  • Re: Cleaning rust off of Corelle dishes

I had a cereal bowl with several large rust spots on them.  It actually looked like the stains were baked in. I really didn't think the stains would come out.  I happened to have a Norwex product called Cleaning Paste on hand.  I put a little on a damp rag and it came right off.  I was so impressed! 

False
  • Re: Cleaning rust off of Corelle dishes
    I have used the Mr Clean. Eraser many times, it works great and does not scratch the dishes.
    False

http://mammascookin.blogspot.com/