need some suggestions for a church kitchen | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

need some suggestions for a church kitchen

Last post Mar 24, 2004 3:32 PM by sweetjoni . 20 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 2 of 2 (21 items) 12
  • RE: need some suggestions for a church kitchen
    I would definitely want a second sink. We only have one at our church and it seems like everyone needs to be at it at the same time :) We do lots of meals for big groups, mother-daugther banquets, etc. Hockeymom, were you saying you're Mennonite? If so, I find that interesting, I am too! Have a blessed day all! Donna
    False
    Before my grandmother passed away her church had added a brand new kitchen it was really nice! They made it to where it was like two kitchens in one with a huge island right in the middle cupboards wrapped around the whole kitchen upper and lower and there were cupboards on both sides of the island. Two dishwashers two big sinks two refridgerators and so much workspace! chuzi
    False
    We just moved into our church building in July. We had a kitchen shower for the church. A committee put together a wish list for the kitchen and wrote them out on cute sticky notes. Whoever wanted to participate could. Just take a note for what you wanted to purchase. We have a Gordon Food Service store locally, so some of the items were specifically requested from there.
    Have fun and give as many people as want to an opportunity to participate.
    False
    Hockeymom, you've gotten some great advice. If you are going to have one of the deep, restaurant-type stainless sinks, I would highly recommend a pre-rinse faucet. It's wonderful to be able to rinse the plates almost clean before washing. I got a great deal on one through mail order from a restaurant supply place in Ohio. It was less than many of the faucets available for home use at Lowe's.

False
    We also had a Pampered chef party one year to replenish the big serving spoons, spatulas, ect. We all ordered (some stuff for ourselves and some stuff to donate to the kitchen) and the points went to the kitchen committee to order what they wanted.
    False
    Water pitchers! We never seem to have enough in our church kitchen. :)
    Also, I think the ice maker is a wonderful suggestion.
    False