Do the restaurants and fast food places in your area accept checks? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Do the restaurants and fast food places in your area accept checks?

Last post Mar 25, 2004 8:27 PM by Starbrite_IN . 16 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 12
  • Do the restaurants and fast food places in your area accept checks?
    A while back someone here on the BB made mention of a fast food place that takes checks. I can't remember who wrote it but I think it might have been about a fast food place called Sonic. Anyway, I was a bit surprised because I don't know of a single restaurant (fast food or otherwise) here in the part of California that I live in that takes checks. But for them to have mentioned it there must be some places that do. Do you know of one?

(As a side note: Recently I've been in 2 local STORES -but I can't remember which ones- that don't take checks. They wanted credit cards or cash only.)
    False
  • RE: Do the restaurants and fast food places in your area accept checks?
    I have written checks at Mancino's and the chinese buffets that I like. Other than that I have not tried.
    False
    some of the ones here in east tn. do. I know that they are mainly like the buffets & such. most of them only take local checks though.
    False
    Chocolate Queen...we love Mancinos!!
    They are so good!
    False
    LaRay:

We have many restaurants that accept checks in SW Michigan. Most fast food restaurants, do not accept checks. I know some KFC's that do, and some that don't.

Those places that accept checks continues to drop due to NSF (bad) checks.

When we lived in Northern Cal businesses had strict rules regarding checks after being burned too many times.
    False

No way. . .a few are starting to take ATM cards, but not checks. . .

I can remember when they did. . .I can even remember when I was in school we could write checks at gas stations, too. . .and we did. . .sometimes for $2.00. . .but with gas at $0.21 for regular, you could ride a long way for $2.00. . .
    False
    Oh I wish the chinese place in my town would take checks, but when they first opened they did, and people screwed them over, so they stopped. lol. I'm always forgetting to hit the ATM before I leave work. Mancinos takes them, along with another pizza place, but Pizza Hut doesn't. All that leaves is fast food places, and they don't take them.
    False
    CCLady: We have had several gas stations stop taking checks just in the last year due to bad checks.
    False

When we lived in Mississippi, (we just moved to IL in Jan) lots of fast food places took checks. Sonic, McD's, Arby's, McCallister's, KFC, to name a couple.

Now that we live in IL, I am not working so we can't afford to go out .... so I don't know about here.
    False
    I write checks everywhere I go around here. If I had to shop with cash, I'd never go. I seldom have more than two or three dollar bills in my wallet, just enough for a cup of coffee here and there.
    False
    Several here still do but not jack in the Box
    False
    No they don't take checks here but I went through the drive-thru of our Wendy's yesterday and she asked if I was paying cash or credit!! Credit at a drive-thru?!?!?!? LOL I can see the backed up lines now!
    False
    Not many take cheques here, just a few local places (I'm in a small town). However, virtually everywhere takes debit cards and credit cards. Lots of our drive throughs take debit cards, too.

Most of our grocery stores and other stores no longer take cheques either. Debit, credit or cash.
    False
    LOL My brother manages a Mancino's, the one in Mackinaw City:)
    False
    None of our restaurants or fast food places will take a cheque..one of our grocery stores won't either.

Heather
    False