Just a fun one. How small is your town? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Just a fun one. How small is your town?

Last post Nov 18, 2005 4:36 PM by marthafan . 31 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 2 of 3 (32 items) 123
  • RE: Just a fun one. How small is your town?
    Not small. Big. And growing fast.
    False
    Teeny tiny place. Two traffic lights. Population probably about 2,000, maybe less. Great location though, as I'm 1 hour from Atlanta or Birmingham, so I have lots of shopping options not too far away.
    False
    I live three miles from this small town... Roseburg's population is a wapping 20,000 in 2004. :)
    Lookingglass) Oregon)
    Lookingglass, Oregon, has a population of forty-two. Just in case you don't know where Lookingglass, Oregon, is, there's a sign in town to straighten that out. Lookingglass is eight miles from Brock way, nine miles from Roseburg, and ten miles from Tenmile. All right.
    Now, Lookingglass has aspirations, even as your town and mine. It has a phone booth, as of last year. It has a manhole cover, the pride of the town. But the thing that brought us to Lookingglass, the thing that has every other town in Douglas County buzzing with excitement and ill-concealed envy, is the latest acquisition. Lookingglass has a parking meter.
    I t is a fine parking meter, shaded by a locust tree, offering twelve minutes for a penny or one hour for a nickel, ticking away serenely in front of a forty-acre field. It's hard to overestimate how proud Lookingglass is of its parking meter. People ride by to look at it. Some people put a penny in it even when they have nothing to park.:)
    False

I live near a town of about 350. No stop lights here. We have a lumber yard, small farm elevator, and a bar.

Greenback IA--do you happen to live in Cedar County? It's near hear and the COUNTY only have one stop light. Which IMO is NOT on the intersection it should be for where the traffic is!
    False
    Our town has a population of about 500. No stoplights, we do have 2 gas stations, antique shops, 2 restaurants, a hardware store that was started about 50 years ago or so, 1 small car dealership and a volunteer fire dept. We are only 5 miles from the next town that has a pop. of 10,000 so that is where we go to grocery shop. The closest malls are 30-35 miles away. I wouldn't move to a city for nothin'!!
    False
    Pop. 7000. No stoplights, just stop signs. One grade school, one middle school, one high school. One supermarket (Super Maxx) and several mom and pop stores. One library that is so small you often have to request books from another branch.
    False
    Live in a village population 5216...
    1 grocery store
    1 libraby
    vol. fire dept
    no police: sheriffs dept lends 2 cars on occasion
    3 family resaurants
    7 pizza parlors
    1 ice cream parlor
    1 l.00 store
    2 banks
    1post office
    2 bars
    1 variety store
    to many churches to count
    1 car wash
    1 bowling hall
    2 gas stations
    1 car wash
    4 schools
    NO movie theater
    NO malls

I street light
    False
    Pop. 2,000. I like a small town. But I'm like Scuba IN. I get tired of driving so far to get groceries. (Walmart is 30 min. away). I shouldn't complain though. When we lived in WY stores were 1+1/2 hrs. away! Talk about feeling isolated! It took the whole w/e just to shop. We use to take our travel trailer to town with us so we could shop Sat & Sun. That got old real quick.

katielee
    False
    pop 3.100.

2 grocery stores
    1 bakery
    2 butchers
    1 craft shop
    1 post office
    1 drug store
    1 pharmacy
    1 ice cream parlor
    3 italian restaurants
    1 turkish fast food
    1 bar
    2 banks
    1 florist
    1 vol fire dep
    2 schools
    2 kindergarden
    1 church
    1 book store
    1 car dealer
    1 farm supply store
    1 second hand shop

no street lights, no library, no movie, no entertaintainment lol
    False
    You are welcome to visit my blog...http://cherryblossomtable.blogspot.com/
    Looked up my town and here's what I found.

Population (year 2000): 807
    Males: 392 (48.6%), Females: 415 (51.4%)

Elevation: 15 feet

Land area: 1.9 square miles

Median resident age: 32.0 years
    Median household income: $29,444 (year 2000)
    Median house value: $41,600 (year 2000)
    False
    Aspiring to inspire before I expire! Faith, Family, Friends!
    as small as Mayberry
    False
    I don't live in a small town. My city has 95K people in it and with the surrounding area included, it brings the population up to over 100K. There's still a small-town atmosphere here, though, and a bunch of history. We even have a building downtown that used to be a brothel!
    False
    I'll gladly pay you tomorrow for a hamburger today - Wimpy
    Ours is so small, that the town signs are back to bak LOL:-) Not really, it's only 469. One church, Catholic, 1 tavern (of course) One grocery store, 2 gas stations, believe this, 4 ,I said 4 hairdressers.
    False
    I was born in a village of about 200 people. When Dad was diagnosed with asthma we moved to a drier climate...town of about 20,000. I now live in a small city of 175,000...I did not move at all; the city just grew that much from 1947 'til the present.
    False
    my home town is pretty small-about 1500 people- but growing quickly. We have

5 church's (lutheran, catholic, baptist, e&r, and pentecost)
    2 bar and grills (3, if you count the legion
    2 grocery stores
    3 auto mechanic shops
    1 vet clinic
    1 doctor's office
    1 pharmacy
    1 nursing home
    2 gas station/convenience stores
    2 banks (soon to be 3)
    1 library
    1 preschool
    3 hair salons