Sticky Tupperware !!! | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Sticky Tupperware !!!

Last post May 14, 2004 8:28 PM by gmato3 . 12 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
  • Sticky Tupperware !!!
    I got some really cool older Tupperware things at a yard sale. Unfortunately they are sticky. Not like dirty exactly, just sticky.

Surely someone knows what I mean. LOL

What is the best way to remedy this. Washing in the usual way does not seem to help.
    False
  • RE: Sticky Tupperware !!!
    Maybe soaking them in a vinegar solution would help dissolve it.
    False
    Try scrubbing with dry baking soda. Then rinse.
    False
    I've used Soft Scrub cleanser & had pretty good luck in getting rid of the stickies. :)
    False

photo 394c3cfc-b346-432f-9237-818feb5c030c_zpsb115894a.jpg

Our companion and great friend,  Rula. 

I used Comet and it worked great.
    False

Live your life so you don't have to hide your diary.

Bleach water should do it. Let them soak.
    Dee
    False
    If I remember correctly, Tupperware is supposed to be guaranteed for life. I've had things replaced that I've had for many years at no cost. Lids that crack, I had a small cup that got a crack in the bottom (probably over 14 years old) replaced with no questions asked.

I actually overheard a lady one day recently at a garage sale talking to her friend. She said she likes buying old tupperware at sales, putting them in her freezer and whacking them on the counter so she can turn them in for new ones!

Good luck : o ) Kim
    False
    I used to have that problem-and I do not have any ideas different to get rid of sticky. But, I have had a Kitchenaid Dishwasher for about 10 years and wash those big things in the bottom shelf. Nothing ever gets sticky. Kitchenqaid does not have the same drying system in the bottom, and you can put anything plastic in bottom shelf. I don't think they advertise it like that-but it has a blower back at bottom back that blows hot air on dishes. I would never buy anything else. It also sterilizes everything it washes--and really gets it clean. Maybe, they should pay me?
    False
    Cascade makes a product (I forgot the name) that is for plastics in the dishwasher. I think it is for stains, but works for the gummy feeling the older stuff get too.
    False
    My experience with returning Tupperware was that it had to be unusable - either broken or a hole in it. I'm not sure that the stickiness would be cause for them to take it back, but I would start by asking a Tupperware rep in your area or via their website if either a) it can be replaced or
    b) what to do about it.
    False
    Thanks for all of the suggestions. I may end up trying every one of them!!!

Unfortunately I do not have a dishwasher so I will have to wait on that.

I really like what I got. Guess anything is worth a try!
    False
    My mother used to use cold bacon grease to get off the sticky stuff.
    I use baking soda and dish detergent, made into the paste, rubbed in and rinsed with really hot water.
    Hope that this helps.
    False
    I use Dawn Power Dissolver. It works great on sticky tupperware. Spray it on and let it set a few minutes, then wash as usual. I have found this to be a great product. I use it a lot.
    False