Something to do with leftover meatloaf | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Something to do with leftover meatloaf

Last post Sep 13, 2010 9:10 PM by SusanMarie1956 . 34 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 3 (35 items) 123
  • Something to do with leftover meatloaf

We got to talking at work today about leftover meatloaf. The decorator next to me said she fried hers in a skillet yesterday for lunch. Southern gal that I am I suggested next time she should CHICKEN FRY it! We got to drooling so bad that I made meatloaf tonight and plan on chicken frying the leftovers tomorrow....

Look out Emeril!

False

I'm not psycho.....I just like psychotic things.

Adria's World

• Re: Something to do with leftover meatloaf

I use some as  sandwich meat and thicker slices I freeze to rehet a few weeks later for another meal. I have dipped slices in a little yogurt, then in dried poatato flakes and fried them. The outside gets wonderfully crisp but very tender. You can also mix mashed up meatloaf with baked beans to heatv together.. Dice slices and put into a white sauce and serve on taost.

Just use your imagination, the possibilities are endless.

False

There's usually not enough meatloaf left over at our house for more than a sandwich the next day!

False
    Photobucketsm peace Photobucket

Heck I am not very creative I guess. But I like to just lay a couple of slices between two slices of bread and nuke it a minute and eat it. It's mighty good like that. LOL

False
    The more I know about people, the more I love my dog!

I sometimes crumble it up and brown it in a skillet and toss in some eggs and scramble it all together. Tasty. 

False
    Please post your recipe for meatloaf. I lost mine and would appreciate having another good one. TIA!
    False

I slice leftover meatloaf a half inch thick and then those slices in half inch slices...so it makes like match sticks. Roll up  in corn tortillas and fry....YUM rolled meatloaf tacos!! Serve with sourcream salas etc....enjoy

False

I made this meat loaf just the other day and we really liked it.  It's pretty basic and I made a few changes (in red).

1 1/2 lb lean ground beef (I used 1/2 lb. pork sausage, 1 lb. venison)
    1/3 cup milk
    2 eggs
    1 cup oatmeal
    1/2 cup chopped onion & 1/2 cup green pepper
    salt and pepper to taste (left out)
    1 env. onion soup mix

Mix this all together and put in 2 qt casserole.

Mix:  1 can tomato soup or bbq sauce (add some to loaf if desired),  1/2 cup brown sugar
    1 teaspoon worchester sauce

Recipe called for ketchup, I substituted soup.  Hate ketchup in meat loaf!
    Mix together and put 3/4 of it over the top of the meatloaf

Bake meatloaf in 350° oven for 1 hr. 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let set for 10 minutes before serving. Serve the extra sauce with servings of meatloaf.

False
    Photobucketsm peace Photobucket

If I've gotten tired of leftovers, I cube it and fry it then add it to my spaghetti sauce in place of the ground beef. 

False
    I'll gladly pay you tomorrow for a hamburger today - Wimpy

I like to slice it thin and make grilled patty melts out of it with onions and cheese!

False

Community Manager

Taste of Home Magazine

Feel free to contact me if you have questions or concerns with the Taste of Home website or community.

PM me here, find me on Facebook or email me sstetzel.toh@gmail.com

Proudly serving as a Taste of Home Field Editor since 2009.Big Smile

Cut into cubes and make albondigas soup - yum

Wanting meatloaf now

False
    Click for San Dimas, California Forecast

DH heats up some for his lunch, and I eat it cold in a sandwich.   A friend of mine used to cut it up and use it for the meat in spaghetti sauce.   I think that would be good!   I love meatloaf! 

False
    1. Click for Rochester, Minnesota Forecast    

I do similar to Purselamplady, but I don't fry it. I just cut it into cubes and throw it in the spaghetti sauce. In fact, I usually just cube it as I'm putting away the leftovers, vacuum seal and put it in the freezer.  Then when I'm in a hurry, it's easy to just put it into the spaghetti sauce pot to heat it up.  Better than meatballs!
    False

i rarely have left over meat loaf..if i do i make sandwhiches..

False

For my meatloaf I just use the cheap-o package of seasoning, the water called for on the package, the meat and a sleeve of saltine crackers, crushed. I mash it up and bake it.

False

I'm not psycho.....I just like psychotic things.

Adria's World