What To Do With Leftover Baked Potatoes | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

What To Do With Leftover Baked Potatoes

Last post Jan 30, 2008 3:22 PM by Lady Fingers . 12 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
  • What To Do With Leftover Baked Potatoes

The other night I baked way too many potatoes.  Not sure what to do with them now.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Colleen 

False
  • Re: What To Do With Leftover Baked Potatoes

Make potato salad. 

False

We just reheat 'em! You could scoop the shells, mash them with whatever ( Ilike chopped broccoli) and make twice baked out of them!

False

make potato soup.

False

my blog! www.jillshomecooking.blogspot.com

Been a big fan of TOH since I was a young teenager!!! I was sooooo excited to be asked to become a Volunteer Field Editor in June 2013!!

I make potato soup using left-over baked potatoes.  I have also made potato salad using baked potatoes.  I prefer the potato soup Smile

You can also slice the potaotes round-wise and fry the slices.  Twice-baked potatoes is another idea.

Gina

False

Good ideas.  I like the soup.  Any soup recipes then?

False

Grate them and make hash browns!

False
    WEBSITE: http://mkmac4.tripod.com/ FORUM: http://doodlebug4.proboards47.com/index.cgi/ Aspire to inspire before you expire!

I leave my left over baked spuds in the fridge for a few days and then I make potatoes and eggs with them, skin and all.  They make the best tater & eggs.  Yummy.

False

Nature is the 'Great Mysterious' ... the religion before religions. Peter Matthiessen, Indian Country

I'm at work so I don't have a recipe for potato soup with me, but there are a lot of soup recipes on the search if you type it in and click on community...hope you find something good to fix! Big Smile

False

my blog! www.jillshomecooking.blogspot.com

Been a big fan of TOH since I was a young teenager!!! I was sooooo excited to be asked to become a Volunteer Field Editor in June 2013!!

My family loves it when I cut them into wedges, scoop out some of the pulp & toss it or save it for something else.  Take the remaining "thick skins" and brush with melted butter, sprinkle with seasoning salt & shredded cheese.  Bake @ 400º until they're golden & the cheese is melted.  Sometimes I bake them a bit & then sprinkle the cheese on them.

True

Online Community / Field Editor Manager

Feel free to reach out to me anytime!

PM me here, find me on Facebook or email me sue.stetzel@RD.com

Proudly serving as a Taste of Home Field Editor since 2009.Big Smile

Here's a wonderful recipe for baked potato soup:
    Remove skins from 4 medium baked potatoes and coursely mash.  Fry 2 slices of bacon and crumble. Set aside.  Reserve 1/2 tsp. drippings in pan.  Add 1/2 c. celery (chopped), 1/2 c. green onions (thinly sliced), 1 can (14.5 oz) chicken broth, 1 1/2 c. milk, 1 garlic clove (pressed), 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. black pepper.  Bring to boil.  Reduce heat; simmer 10 min.  Stir in 1 c. sour cream and bacon crumbles.  Ladle into bowls and top with shredded cheddar cheese.  Serves 4

False

Quick Potato Soup (Serves 2-3; can be increased)

Chop and Saute: 1 onion and 1 stalk celery.
    Add: 2-3 diced, cooked potatoes, and 1 1/2 cups chicken stock, vegetable broth, or lightly salted water.
    Cook for 10 minutes. Finish with black pepper and a splash of milk or cream.

Quick Vegetable Chowder (Serves 4; can be increased)

Chop and gently saute 1 onion, one carrot, and  1-2 stalks celery in 2 tablespoons butter*, until translucent, but not browned.  Stir in 2 tablespoons flour and continue cooking and stirring until the flour just starts to brown.  Stir in 2-3 diced potatoes and a can of corn, undrained.  Add 1/2 cup milk* and enough water to reach your desired consistency.  Cook until potatoes are heated through and soup is just reaching a boil.  Salt and pepper to taste.   *Substitute vegetable oil for butter and omit milk for a vegan option.

False

So what?  Big deal.
    --Closing lines of Buckaroo Banzai Beyond the 8th Dimension, AND of my childhood mix tapes.