What To Do With Leftover Baked Potatoes | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

What To Do With Leftover Baked Potatoes

Last post Jan 30, 2008 3:22 PM by Lady Fingers . 12 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
  • What To Do With Leftover Baked Potatoes

The other night I baked way too many potatoes.  Not sure what to do with them now.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Colleen 

False
  • Re: What To Do With Leftover Baked Potatoes

Make potato salad. 

False

We just reheat 'em! You could scoop the shells, mash them with whatever ( Ilike chopped broccoli) and make twice baked out of them!

False

make potato soup.

False

my blog! www.jillshomecooking.blogspot.com

Been a big fan of TOH since I was a young teenager!!! I was sooooo excited to be asked to become a Volunteer Field Editor in June 2013!!

I make potato soup using left-over baked potatoes.  I have also made potato salad using baked potatoes.  I prefer the potato soup Smile

You can also slice the potaotes round-wise and fry the slices.  Twice-baked potatoes is another idea.

Gina

False

Good ideas.  I like the soup.  Any soup recipes then?

False

Grate them and make hash browns!

False
    WEBSITE: http://mkmac4.tripod.com/ FORUM: http://doodlebug4.proboards47.com/index.cgi/ Aspire to inspire before you expire!

I leave my left over baked spuds in the fridge for a few days and then I make potatoes and eggs with them, skin and all.  They make the best tater & eggs.  Yummy.

False

Nature is the 'Great Mysterious' ... the religion before religions. Peter Matthiessen, Indian Country

I'm at work so I don't have a recipe for potato soup with me, but there are a lot of soup recipes on the search if you type it in and click on community...hope you find something good to fix! Big Smile

False

my blog! www.jillshomecooking.blogspot.com

Been a big fan of TOH since I was a young teenager!!! I was sooooo excited to be asked to become a Volunteer Field Editor in June 2013!!

My family loves it when I cut them into wedges, scoop out some of the pulp & toss it or save it for something else.  Take the remaining "thick skins" and brush with melted butter, sprinkle with seasoning salt & shredded cheese.  Bake @ 400º until they're golden & the cheese is melted.  Sometimes I bake them a bit & then sprinkle the cheese on them.

False

Community Manager

Taste of Home Magazine

Feel free to contact me if you have questions or concerns with the Taste of Home website or community.

PM me here, find me on Facebook or email me sstetzel.toh@gmail.com

Proudly serving as a Taste of Home Field Editor since 2009.Big Smile

Here's a wonderful recipe for baked potato soup:
    Remove skins from 4 medium baked potatoes and coursely mash.  Fry 2 slices of bacon and crumble. Set aside.  Reserve 1/2 tsp. drippings in pan.  Add 1/2 c. celery (chopped), 1/2 c. green onions (thinly sliced), 1 can (14.5 oz) chicken broth, 1 1/2 c. milk, 1 garlic clove (pressed), 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. black pepper.  Bring to boil.  Reduce heat; simmer 10 min.  Stir in 1 c. sour cream and bacon crumbles.  Ladle into bowls and top with shredded cheddar cheese.  Serves 4

False

Quick Potato Soup (Serves 2-3; can be increased)

Chop and Saute: 1 onion and 1 stalk celery.
    Add: 2-3 diced, cooked potatoes, and 1 1/2 cups chicken stock, vegetable broth, or lightly salted water.
    Cook for 10 minutes. Finish with black pepper and a splash of milk or cream.

Quick Vegetable Chowder (Serves 4; can be increased)

Chop and gently saute 1 onion, one carrot, and  1-2 stalks celery in 2 tablespoons butter*, until translucent, but not browned.  Stir in 2 tablespoons flour and continue cooking and stirring until the flour just starts to brown.  Stir in 2-3 diced potatoes and a can of corn, undrained.  Add 1/2 cup milk* and enough water to reach your desired consistency.  Cook until potatoes are heated through and soup is just reaching a boil.  Salt and pepper to taste.   *Substitute vegetable oil for butter and omit milk for a vegan option.

False

A lot of this is folk memories and cultural hangovers.