What would you serve with meatball subs? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

What would you serve with meatball subs?

Last post Feb 02, 2008 1:56 PM by Granny_Clampet . 11 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
  • What would you serve with meatball subs?

I have the fixins for meatball subs cooking in the crockpot for supper tonight.  I am at a loss as to what to serve with them.  I don't want to go to the store so I'm hoping someone will give me a suggestion and I will have it on hand.

So, let's hear it!  What would you serve with meatball subs?

Confused

False
    Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. "John Wooden"
  • Re: What would you serve with meatball subs?

A pasta salad or a geen salad might be nice.

False
    Photobucketsm peace Photobucket

A small serving of potato salad and a big pickle.

False

A lot of this is folk memories and cultural hangovers.

Truthfully, I would not serve them with anything. Protein is in the meatball, and dairy is in cheese. Tomato sauce is the vegetable, bread is the grain. There is certainly enough calories to provide sustenance.  Fruit slices for dessert if you like.

That said, if I had company coming, I would add potato chips and pickles.

False

I like raw foods with subs...carrots, celery whatever you have on hand...apple slices, orange slices.  Stuff like that.

False
     Click for Sun City, Arizona Forecast

Depending on how fancy you want to get....Chips, french fries, tator tots, stuffed mushrooms, green salad, Ceasar salad, cheese sticks, bruscetta, or raw veggies and dip.

False

False

False

A salad of romaine lettuce, cherry tomatoes and red onion slivers.

Fruit, either fresh or canned.

False

Thanks for the great ideas!

I don't have anything to make a green salad unless DH decides he needs to run into town later, in which case I will get him to pick up some stuff for me.  I would love to have a salad!

I do have chips, pickles, and ingredients to fix a pasta salad so that will probably be what we have.

False
    Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. "John Wooden"
    I would serve coleslaw and a fruit salad or jello salad.
    False

I'd prob serve a nice "heavy" salad, containing tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, etc thrown together with the lettuce, maybe some spinach or other greens and dressed with a spicy italian or vinegrette dressing like they serve at Olive Garden on their house salad.

Sounds mighty good to me.

False
    The more I know about people, the more I love my dog!