What are some fun, easy foods to feed a large crowd? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

What are some fun, easy foods to feed a large crowd?

Last post Feb 05, 2008 7:21 PM by Stimpy_WI_F_50 . 7 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
  • What are some fun, easy foods to feed a large crowd?

My SIL and I are doing a graduation party for both our kids together. Two different schools but with the same colors. There are 7 of our kids graduating this year..... LOL! Can you say PARTY  all summer long?!

Anyway, we both decided instead of doing the regular foods that we would try something different. We are thinking hot wings, bbq wings and plain. Nachos and a crockpot full of the cheese, and  taco fixings. Plus she saw the pepperoni rolls (large) at sames and said they would be good to have there too, and we could have a crock with sauce for dipping.

We are renting this place that has a large shelter, built in swimming pool, horse shoes, volleyball net and paddle boats. We are getting it cheap because she knows the owner.

I need ideas. Food ideas and maybe decorations or just any ideas.

TIA

False
    BLESSED ARE THE <CRACKED> “Life: Imagine the Potential” FOR THEY ARE THE ONES WHO LET IN THE LIGHT!!
  • Re: What are some fun, easy foods to feed a large crowd?

BBQ is always my stand-by for feeding a crowd. It's as cheap to buy as it is to make, and if you buy little buns (like White Castle size) It tends to go a lot farther.  I usually just buy the BBQ from the local BBQ joint and then make all the sides.  

My stand by dessert is an ice cream sundae bar.  It's easy and who doesn't like a sundae?  I think that would go over well with a bunch of kids especially.  The summer interns at my husband's office always enjoy it. 

False

Hi.

Here's a great site to help with some ideas...and recipes!

Good luck!

http://www.razzledazzlerecipes.com/quantity/index.htm

Margaret

False

One of my friends did a baked potato bar. You had all the baked potatoes, sour cream, chives, chili, cheese, cheese sauce, bacon bits, onions, broccoli -- all the fixins. Went over pretty well.

False

This is great for a party. Everyone loves it and it makes a ton. It will be gone before you know it. Have plenty of tortilla chips or scoops.

Tex-Mex Dip

2 cans (10-1/2 oz. ea.) bean dip or refried beans
    3  ripe avocados, mashed with salt, pepper, and lemon juice
    8 ounce sour cream
    1/2 cup mayonnaise
    1 package taco seasoning mix
    1 large bunch green onions, chopped with tops
    3 medium tomatoes, chopped
    1 can (6 oz.) chopped ripe olives
    3/4 poung shredded Cheddar cheese
     Large round tortilla chips or scoops

On large serving platter or cake plate, spread bean dip.  Top this with mashed
    and seasoned avocado.  Mix mayonnaise and taco mix with sour cream and layer
    on avocados.  Sprinkle with chopped onions, tomatoes, and olives.  Cover with
    shredded cheese.  Serve cold or at room temperature with chips.

False

Land of the Free....because of the Brave Click for Fort Worth, Texas Forecast

Proud Field Editor for Taste of Home for 16 years.

Hi Shadow Tales!

Sounds like the Party will be a total Blast regardless of what Foods you have! Smile

But since you did ask for some ideas, might I suggest Sub sanwhiches?  You can have them made at your Grocery Store's Deli for a pretty reasonable amount and they feed lots of hungry people!

Hope this is of help~~~

Krissy Big Smile 

False

When the Pumpkin Fest is held in our area, they sell walking tacos, which is a small bag of Frito's cut open and topped with taco meat and cheese.  That sounds good and easy to me.  Also, how about a metal garbage can or Nesco roaster filled with hot corn on the cob.  Put a quart jar or coffee can filled with melted butter so people could dunk it in before they ate it.  It might be a bit messy, but it would be really tasty and somewhat different.  The Lions Club in town always has a corn stand at festivals.

For cold foods, fill a kids' wading pool with ice and nestle your dishes in it.  They'll stay cold for a long time.  You could put canned or bottled beverages in one too.

How about watermelons for dessert?  I bet that would go good on a hot day.  Plus you could have seed-spitting contests.

I think your food ideas sound good - the wings and pepperoni rolls, etc. - I'll bet you'll have a great time!

False
    Stimpy Click for Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin Forecast