tv trivia: do you remember Red Skelton's sign off at the end of his show? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

tv trivia: do you remember Red Skelton's sign off at the end of his show?

Last post Apr 03, 2008 4:37 PM by BreJo . 6 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
  • Re: tv trivia: do you remember Red Skelton's sign off at the end of his show?

Sure.  He always said, "God Bless"

False

"Good Night and may God Bless"

False

A personal.....Red Skelton Memory...What a great guy!

...About maybe 3 years before he died, my brother who is a huge fan of his tried to get an autographed picture from him...Somehow through phone calls he was put into contact with Mr. Skeltons secretary.. After talking a bit , the secretary put him through to another person...After explaining his request again...the guy on the other end goes, "You don't know who you are talking to do you?" My brother said , "no". He says something like, "this is HIM." My bother goes, "No". He goes, "Yes"..My brother goes , "No" ...Mr. Skelton goes, "yes"... Just like a mini comedy routine...He finally asked him for the pictures and if he could sign it "God Bless"...He said he could not sign it that way because of the copy right of the TV show... Long story short...He sent a couple autographed pictures of himself 8 x 10 and a couple different poses in 4/6 size...All autographed by him and not stamped..Each signature is a bit different... Right now I have his 4x6 on our rolltop desk in our family room, with our family photos...He was just a special kind of guy... The envelope that was sent came right from his own house...My brother said he was soooo sweet....

And like he promised, he personally signed each picture....

False

Have any of you heard his version of the Pledge of Allegiance?  It will move you to tears.

Take a listen:   http://www.poofcat.com/july.html 

False