What's good to stuff celery with? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

What's good to stuff celery with?

Last post Apr 05, 2008 10:30 AM by Rebecca_WV_40 . 19 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 12
  • What's good to stuff celery with?

Looking for some not too fattening ideas that would be good to stuff celery with besides peanut butter or pimento cheese!

Thanks

Molly

False
  • Re: What's good to stuff celery with?
    Cream cheese. You can mix all sorts of good things in with the cream cheese too.
    False

My mom and I are the only people who like this, but here goes:  Cottage cheese sprinkled with paprika and chives.

False

So what?  Big deal.
    --Closing lines of Buckaroo Banzai Beyond the 8th Dimension, AND of my childhood mix tapes.

If you have Laughing Cow brand products in your area, try the light wedges in garlic & herb flavor.  The wedges are 35 calories each, I'd guess them to be 1 1/2-2tbsp size.  They remind me of cream cheese for consistancy.  Spreads very easily and don't taste low-cal at all.  I don't like celery but could probably eat quite a few stalks if this was in the channel.

False
    Thanksgiving is good but thanks-living is better. Matthew Henry 1662-1714

nix_mom

If you have Laughing Cow brand products in your area, try the light wedges in garlic & herb flavor.  The wedges are 35 calories each, I'd guess them to be 1 1/2-2tbsp size.  They remind me of cream cheese for consistancy.  Spreads very easily and don't taste low-cal at all.  I don't like celery but could probably eat quite a few stalks if this was in the channel.

Great idea! I will have to try that!  

False

How about a little chicken, crab or ham salad made with low-fat mayo.

I love peanut butter and celery.

False

zippo--there's a french onion flavor too, but I'm pretty content with garlic & herb. 

False
    Thanksgiving is good but thanks-living is better. Matthew Henry 1662-1714

I have garlic and herb in the refrigerator. I love it, but I never even thought about putting it celery. Thank you for the idea!

False

cream cheese and pineapple....and you can get the lower fat cream cheese....mix drained crushed pineapple into and spread on...yummy 

False

It's not how you start, it's how you end....so end strong!!

Walk yourself strong!!

Cream cheese and pineapple sounds so good!  Years ago they used to sell little jelly glasses of this.  I think it was made by kraft.  There was also an olive spread and I liked that too!

Molly  

False

I typed "stuffed celery appetizer" (without the quotes) into the search box at the top of this page. Got 21 recipes--the first three look really good, especially the Crab-Stuffed Celery!

False
    Soften a block of cream cheese, add 2 tsp finely minced onion, 1 tbsp finely chopped black olives, 1 tbsp of finely chopped green olives, 1/2 tsp of season salt and 1/2 tsp of black pepper, a couple dashes of hot sauce, and if the mixture is still to stiff add about 1 tsp of mayo or salad dressing, mix well and stuff your celery, this is really a good mixture.
    False

This is great but I use frozen salad shrimp or chopped fresh shrimp, (canned shrimp are nasty) and I leave out the green pepper and green olives since dh doesn't like either of them.

Shrimp-Stuffed Celery
    Source: Redraspberrygirl

1 bunch celery, separated into ribs
    1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
    2 tablespoons mayonnaise
    1 can (6 ounces) tiny shrimp, rinsed and finely chopped
    1 tablespoon each finely chopped onion, green pepper and stuffed olives
    1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
    1 to 2 drops hot pepper sauce
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon pepper
    1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

Cut celery ribs into 2-in pieces. Finely chop one piece; set aside. In a mixing bowl,
    beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth. Stir in the remaining ingredients and
    reserved chopped celery. Stuff into celery ribs. Refrigerate until serving.

Yield: about 3 dozen appetizers.
    False

I am loving all of these great ideas!  The shrimp one looks really intriguing!

Molly

False

Molly you can also use a can of crabmeat instead of the shrimp.

False