Joe Poverty | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Joe Poverty

Last post Mar 03, 2003 4:53 PM by cake_decorator . 104 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 7 of 7 (105 items) < First34567
  • RE: Joe Poverty
    You got it Jodi...Y Town is what people from Youngstown call it and yes it was Scweebles Bread!!!

Glad everyone had so much fun with the post. See this BB can keep us out of trouble on a Friday nite!!!
    False
    Well its keeping me out of trouble tonight, but dh and a few friends of ours are going out tommorrow night for dh's birthday. We'll be breaking out the Iron Citys and Rolling Rocks...lol. I'll have to tell them about Joe Poverty, they'll get a kick out of it. Seriously, I don't drink either of those though...gross..I'm more of an Amstel light girl..hehe.
    False
    Pass on the Iron City's but I'll join you in one of those Rolling Rocks!! Spent a lot of time in the 80s in Pittsburgh remember going to bars in Shady Side and Squirrel Hill someplace called The Squirrel Cage?
    False
    Aaarrrggghhhh, the squirrel cage. Whatta dive, but most places that are fun to go to in this area are!! I haven't been there in a few years but I don't think it has changed in last 40 yrs by the look of it. The restrooms are SCARY DIRTY. Dh and I try to avoid Pittsburgh as much as possible, but we are headed to Homestead tommorrow, not the skanky part. They have really built it up w/up somewhat upscale shopping and restaurants. There's a great place called Mitchell's Fish Market. I enjoy going there but w/traffic it takes us like 40 minutes to get there and it's really not that far far from us milegage wise. Where were you in the 'burgh?
    False
    My friend lived in Shady Side and I would stay with her when I was there visiting. I liked that area because I would go walking while she was at work downtown. Liked being so close to the colleges and stuff too. I remember going to some neat farmers markets and fish markets and stuff in an ethnic neighborhood. Wish I could remember more....
    False
    Shadyside is a great area, they have wonderful shopping. Did you ever venture out to Idlewild Park while you were there? I live very close, its such a nice little amusement park. For the past 15 years or so they have had a life size replica of "Mr Rogers Neighborhood" b/c he is from Latrobe, Pa. I took dd to see it this year, she was alittle to small to appreciate it but, I'm sure she will this year. It's so sad to hear of his passing, its like a bit of my childhood died along with him.
    False
    OG, I love your new show idea!!! I am just ROFLOL !!! Instead of Bud I think he should be drinking generic beer. Maybe on his date night he can splurge on some Boonesfarm wine for his special date! And I'm sure he owns some sort of coon hound dog that would accompany him on the dates!
    Ponca Gal
    False
    I think they should have some yippy New Yorkers put in a trailer, and then see how they do! Fill their fridge with marshmallow fluff and lil smokies and see them squirm!!
    False
    What about the chain that is attached to his wallet and I think to a belt loop on the pants that show his dirty white socks... It has a name but I don't know what it's called..
    False
    and you know where all this is leading.....WE have to pick his date......no offense...as I call it my home...."how's about a nice gum smak'in Joisy goyal from the local dina?" you know, with the little white thing in her hair & the little white apron?
    False
    ROFL!!!!
    hahahahahahaha~~~~~~
    good ones!!
    Dee
    False
    I love this.
    I just thought of the perfect Joe Poverty. Remember Larry? The one with the 2 brothers named Darryl.
    Let's give him a pit bull and doberman in his yard. Maybe about 20 cats. And don't forget to add him a self-built shack of a garage that is filled full of junk and the door is never closed. No room for a car. Maybe a few dead cars sitting behind his trailer.

Yes, I know this yard. Thank goodness it is in the country and I don't have to look at it.
    False
    This is hilarious!! I think Joe should drink PBR beer(pabst blue Ribbon) and yes, have really big but nice dogs who are not house trained so stepping into the trailer could be a challenge. He also needs to burp every 15 minutes and fart everytime he sits or bends over. The mullet is a no brainer (can you believe there are still guys out there with those!) I enjoyed reading everybody's comments. Great subject you started OG!
    False
    and he's cooking weiners and baked beans on his big oil drum outdoor grill.
    False
    after what I went through about this i am not touching it with a 10 foot pole anymore!
    False