Goulash question | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Goulash question

Last post Apr 28, 2008 7:20 PM by marasmom . 4 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
  • Goulash question
    • Confused [8-)]

I made a huge batch of goulash with noodles and cheese on top. Do you think it will be okay to freeze it with the noodles ? Thanks

False
  • Re: Goulash question

I have frozen lasagna before and the pasta seemed fine. 

You might get better answers with the ladies over in RECIPES.  Not meaning you are not welcome here, but here in KITCHEN CHAT you might only get 1 or 2 replies to food and recipe questions whereas in RECIPES you will get many more replies to these type of questions.

False
    Click for San Dimas, California Forecast

Thanks Spicy...I have also froze lasagne and I totally forgot it would be ok !! And, thanks for mentioning going to recipe section.

False

Hi there,

I love GOULASH type casaroles. I have a vacuum sealer that I use to package leftover casaroles.

I cut dish into individual servings and quick freeze. Remove from freezer, place in vacuum bags and seal. These bags will keep your dish as fresh as the day you made it for acouple or three months.

ENJOY

False

It will be fine to freeze. I have frozen goulash as well as most every other kind of dish with pasta and chees with no problem. I have found though that it is best to freeze just the amount you will want for 1 meal or if it is something like baked spaghetti or lasagna, cut it into squares (when it is cold or partially frozen). Makes reheating a lot quicker and you can take out just what you need and keep the rest frozen.

False