Can you freeze mangos??? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Can you freeze mangos???

Last post May 15, 2008 2:38 PM by Lady Fingers . 5 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
  • Can you freeze mangos???

DH brought home 10 large mangos and I have no idea how to use for many up at once.  I am going to make a big batch of mango salsa...but thought maybe I could freeze up the rest. 

thanks

False
    oodles_OR
  • Re: Can you freeze mangos???

I have seen them frozen in our local grocery store so I would say.....go for it!!

False

photo 394c3cfc-b346-432f-9237-818feb5c030c_zpsb115894a.jpg

Our companion and great friend,  Rula. 

Flavor and color on uneffected, but they are mushy when thawed. 

False
    Thanksgiving is good but thanks-living is better. Matthew Henry 1662-1714

i was going to say the same thing.. i've seen them frozen so i dont know why not...   i would freeze them single layer if you can though... or else they might freeze together in a lump since they are so juicey

False

thank you...I think I will try it this weekend before they get TOO ripe.  Appreciate your answers.

False
    oodles_OR

Dice them and freeze them in a single layer, maybe even shaking the pan after half an hour to keep them from sticking.  Once they're firm you can transfer them to a bag or other container.

So now, what to do with them frozen?  I think they'd still be okay for salsa, but how about smoothies?  They'd be perfect there.  Just put some in the blender with milk and perhaps a banana and there you go.

False

A lot of this is folk memories and cultural hangovers.