What Brand of Frozen Meatballs are the best...and where do you buy them?? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

What Brand of Frozen Meatballs are the best...and where do you buy them??

Last post May 26, 2008 8:46 AM by Rebecca_WV_40 . 15 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 12
  • What Brand of Frozen Meatballs are the best...and where do you buy them??

I was reading Catmint's post about using already made meatballs, cranberry sauce, and chili sauce in her recipe.

Catmint, you didn't say where you bought yours, but I was wondering where; also, what brand do others buy (Sam's, Kroger, etc.) for the best taste.

Catmint, have you made the recipe and how does it taste?

Thanks,

Barbara 

False
  • Re: What Brand of Frozen Meatballs are the best...and where do you buy them??

I make mine homemade most of the time, but have bought the Armour brand a few times and they are pretty good. I have seen them at Kroger and Walmart. Last time I noticed they were $2.50 a bag here, but that was before the holidays. I remember that my mom bought some of them for spaghetti. Sorry that's the only kind I know anything about.

False

When I use frozen meatballs, I buy Rozzano's from BJs.  I've only used the Italian style, and they're excellent.

False
    Fill your lives with love and bravery and you shall lead a life uncommon. - Jewel

The ONLY frozen meatballs I use are the ones from Schwan's.  But I'm a fussy witch! LOL

True

Online Community / Field Editor Manager

Feel free to reach out to me anytime!

PM me here, find me on Facebook or email me sue.stetzel@RD.com

Proudly serving as a Taste of Home Field Editor since 2009.Big Smile

Can't you pick them up at a local Italian Deli or market?  I used to always make my own, but the little pasta factory in our town (homemade pasta--fresh and dried--made on machines imported from Italy)  has their own family-made sauces and meatballs.  They're the best.  And less expensive than most of the supermarket brands.  

False

Callie123
    Can't you pick them up at a local Italian Deli or market?

LMAO Callie - the closest italian deli or market to me would be at least an hour away!  The only thing they make in my town is dust!

True

Online Community / Field Editor Manager

Feel free to reach out to me anytime!

PM me here, find me on Facebook or email me sue.stetzel@RD.com

Proudly serving as a Taste of Home Field Editor since 2009.Big Smile

Barbara, I thought they were really good. DD said that they were good, but, I don't know if she was just appeasing me. LOL

I got mine at Walmart, i think. I had to go throught the garbage to hunt for the bag. I wanted to write it down anyway, and forgot.

They are Papa Luigi, Italian bite size meatballs. It was a small bag, and I think they were only .99 .

I just wanted a few to try out.

I'll have to ask DD if she remembers where I got them. They either had to come from Walmart, Kroger or Aldi.

False

catmint

i looked again for the bag, to see the size of it. LOL

It is an 8 oz. bag.  I am sure they were only   .99. That was a couple or 3 weeks back. Been in the freezer, waiting for the right time to fix them. Since it was a small bag, and I just wanted to try it out.

I am thinking of making a crockpot of them for our family picnics, one in June, another of my family in July.

False

catmint

I normally make my own but if I'm in a hurry, I buy DiRusso's. Not sure if it's a local brand or not. But they are very good and come in two sizes.

False

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans". -John Lennon-

Thanks Catmint......and everyone else.  I'm sure homemade would definitely be lots tastier, but not much done here like that anymore.  I will have hubby look next time he goes to Walmart or Krogers and let me know what they have.

Catmint, I thought your's sounded so good...I love cranberry sauce...and get tired of the same old things we eat.  

Barbara 

False

Barbara, if you send your DH for the cranberry stuff, it is the Jellied, not the sauce. I didnt' know any difference, myself. But, there is just the jellied. I think there were 16 bite sized balls in the bag. Smile

False

catmint

Hi M&M,

How ya be ?  I forgot the name of the ones I buy,  but they are from Costco and come in a big bag.  There is no way I'am gonna sit there and roll those little balls.  I only buy them to bring to someone's house as an Appetizer and then I just them up my crock-pot away we go.

Cassiebabe

False

Barbara Anne

The brand that Costco sells is Kirkland.  We buy them frozen.  Italian Style in a bag.  We love em very much.  They are spiced perfectly and are tender and delicious!

False
  • In Canada, I buy President's Choice

Here in Canada, I buy President's Choice when I'm not making my own. I haven't tried the Kirkland from Costco.... wonder if they are similar/better/worse? Any comments?

donnac

False
  • Re: In Canada, I buy President's Choice

I've never purchased them but I've eaten tons of them from Sam's Club and they're delicious. 

False