what is something that will make my vinyl floors shine | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

what is something that will make my vinyl floors shine

Last post Aug 17, 2008 2:17 PM by chef80085__MI . 7 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
  • what is something that will make my vinyl floors shine

I have vinyl floors in my kitchen, halls way and bathrooms.  I hate to get down and scrub them, so I've using my carpet shampooer to scrub them.  Works good and not much work.  I need something to give them a nice shine.  The vinyl is gray and has a sandy look with a little texture to it.It is also starting to get a little yellow stain on it. I sure don't want anything that will be slippery.  I'm open for any suggestions.  Thanks

False
  • Re: what is something that will make my vinyl floors shine

Mop & Glo will give your floors a nice shine. The product tends to build up over time though. I only use it once in a while on my vinyl floor.

False

If you have shady areas and yellow areas, you need to get down and scrub. You've got to much soap and stuff that has built up. Bleach and water works well. After that, then use a paste wax and buff it. The paste wax will keep the soap from building up again.

False
    Marie K McConnell

I've been looking for paste wax and can't find it. I had started to think they don't make it anymore. All I've been able to find is mop and glow but I have hardwood floors.

False

Quick Shine by Holloway House is the best product to put a non-wax, brilliant shine on a vinyl floor.   I made a dull old floor look like a mirror with that stuff and I know they make cleaners too.  I can't seem to get onto their website (googled Holloway House), but there are many sellers selling it online, so you can see what it is.  I can get it locally too, and I think Walmart carries it.  You won't be sorry if you try it.

False

Vinegar.  I was told by a lady with new linoleum that she was told to clean it with vinegar and water only.

False

I also use Quick Shine, and it's the best I've found so far.  I buy mine at Wal-Mart.

False

I use a product called Rejuvenate. I get it at Home Depot. It's the best thing I've found to use.  The shine lasts a long time too!

False
    Photobucket