What to do with leftover pork roast? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

What to do with leftover pork roast?

Last post Oct 27, 2008 10:53 PM by Morgorond . 10 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
  • What to do with leftover pork roast?

I need ideas. I am tired of eating it straight.  Also, I do NOT want soup recipes.

False
  • Re: What to do with leftover pork roast?

BBQ!!!

freeze it for when you want pork again....

False

my blog! www.jillshomecooking.blogspot.com

Been a big fan of TOH since I was a young teenager!!! I was sooooo excited to be asked to become a Volunteer Field Editor in June 2013!!

Oooopss how could I forget pork and saurkrout???!!!! Yumm!

False

my blog! www.jillshomecooking.blogspot.com

Been a big fan of TOH since I was a young teenager!!! I was sooooo excited to be asked to become a Volunteer Field Editor in June 2013!!

I'd spice the meat up and use it for tacos or quesadillas, or barbecue sauce it and use it for barbecue pork sandwiches, stuff like that...

False

I had leftover pork loin the other night.I threw it in the skillet shredded up,added green pepper and onion and just let them get a liitle softer and the meat warmed up.I spread it on bread,poured a little bit of salsa on it ,topped it with cheese and put it under the broiler for a few minutes till the cheese was melted and browned. It was so simple and quick and it tasted sooooo good.I will throw this together again.

False

Tamale Pie

Crust:
    1/2 c masa harina, or corn meal
    1/4 c hot water
    2 t vegetable oil
    1/2 t salt

Combine all ingredients and pat into a pie plate.

Filling:
    1/2 can refried beans (about 4 ounces)
    Thinly sliced leftover pork or chicken
    1 can of chopped green chiles
    -- (or one can of whole green chiles, slice lengthwise
    1/2 cup shredded cheese

Lay the meat into the crust in a single layer.  Drop spoonfuls of beans onto it.  Spread the chiles evenly and scatter the cheese on top.  Bake at 350 for 1/2 hour.

False

So what?  Big deal.
    --Closing lines of Buckaroo Banzai Beyond the 8th Dimension, AND of my childhood mix tapes.

shred it and make bbq sands or mix some rotel or salsa in it,heat all thru,then put on tortillias. Add some sourcream and onins,,,YUM!

False

There is nothing like a pork roast sandwich... Thinly sliced pork with a sprinkling of onion powder on white bread with mayo and lettuce...YUM

False
    Ann

i cut it up, put it in a pot with sourkraut, cut some potatoes into the pot, put the cover on and let it cook away......lucious!!!

1st time i did this dh came in the door yelling about the "smell"....i gave him a sauce dish full to taste....he requests it a lot!!!

False

Pork fried rice.

False

Some days, I can literally see the testosterone floating in the air around here. 

Cuban Sandwiches! w00t! I love those things!

medianoche recipe  (pops in new window)

~Morg~

^^save one for me, please! Extra mustard...

False
    It takes a Viking to raze a village. My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Sister Atom Bomb of Love and Mercy!