Looking for A Moist Pumpkin Nut Bread Recipe | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Looking for A Moist Pumpkin Nut Bread Recipe

Last post Nov 20, 2008 6:02 PM by _Dodycooks . 15 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 12
  • Looking for A Moist Pumpkin Nut Bread Recipe

Whenever I make pumpkin nut bread it is usually on the dry side. Yet whenever I go to bazaars I keep finding these delicious pumpkin nut breads that are incredibly moist, and good. And of course, there are never recipes attached to the breads I buy.

Does anyone have a tried and true really moist and good pumpkin nut bread recipe to share?

Thanks a bunch!

False

• Re: Looking for A Moist Pumpkin Nut Bread Recipe

Here's one that's rated 5 stars. (Click name to see the recipe in a new window.)

Whole Wheat Pumpkin Nut Bread recipe

Nicely spiced with cloves, cinnamon and pumpkin, this bread is a family favorite. Everyone who tastes a slice asks for the recipe. You can substitute raisins or chocolate chips for the walnuts. —Jean-Marie Hirsch of East Rochester, New York

False

Here's another fun variation. (Click name to see the recipe in a new window.)

Ribbon Pumpkin Bread recipe

"No one will guess they're eating lighter when you serve moist slices of this pretty pumpkin bread with a ribbon of cream cheese inside," assures field editor Beth Ask, Ulster, Pennsylvania.

False

I posted this recipe on the recipes forum a few days ago...give it a try. 

Sift together:

2 cups all-purpose flour

2 tsp. baking powder

1/2 tsp. baking soda

1 tsp. salt

1 tsp. cinnamon

1/2 tsp. nutmeg

Combine thoroughly:

1 cup pumpkin

1 cup sugar

1/2 cup milk

2 eggs

1/4 cup softened butter

1 cups nuts...optional

Add the dry ingredients to the liquid ingredients and mix until well blended, fold in the nuts.  Pour into a greased loaf pan, bake at 350º for 45 to 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.

False

Oh gee, I do not like whole wheat, or cream cheese.......sorry. But thanks anyway. :-)

False

JoBlank_CO

I posted this recipe on the recipes forum a few days ago...give it a try. 

Thanks a bunch!

False

This makes one loaf and is very good. 

1-1/2 cups sugar

1 cup canned pumpkin

1/2 cup vegetable oil

1/2 cup water

2 eggs

1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

3/4 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg

1/4 teaspoon ground cloves

1/2 cup chopped walnuts

1/2 cup raisins, optional

In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar, pumpkin, oil, water and eggs. Combine the dry ingredients; gradually add to pumpkin mixture and mix well. Stir in nuts and raisins if desired.
        Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.

False

add a little sour cream, it moistens my breads (about a half of cup)

False
     Photobucket

I love butter, but I find that when I use butter in my breads they don't come out as moist as one's used with oil. I made this one the other day and added a banana, I also halved the recipe.

Pumpkin Bread

3 Cups Sugar

1 Cup Oil

1/3 Cup Water

4 Eggs

2 Cups Pumpkin

31/2 Cups Flour

1/2 tsp Salt

1 tsp cinnamon

1 tsp nutmeg

2 tsp. Baking Soda

1 Cup Walnuts

In large bowl, mix all wet ingredients.  In smaller bowl,mix dry.  Add dry to wet and combine just until moistened. (do not overmix).  Pour into greased loaf pans and bake for 1 hour at 325 degrees.  Makes 2-3 loaves.

False

Thank you all so much! I copied all of them. Now I don't know which one to try! LOL!

False

I made the pumpkin loaves today.  They are delicious!  I used a scant 2 cups sugar, and 1/2 cup brown sugar, and still plenty sweet,  (1/2 cup oil, and 1/2 cup applesauce,) and 2 tsp. cinnamon.
    Didn't make the glaze.  This is a very good recipe.

False

I made 2 loaves last night using one of the recipes in this post. I don't want to say which one though because you were all so sweet to respond, and I bet they are all good recipes! Thanks a bunch! They turned out great, and are nice and moist, too.

False