employee's at target need a dress code.. | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

employee's at target need a dress code..

Last post Feb 18, 2013 9:03 PM by Cassieroll_NYS . 31 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 3 (32 items) 123
  • employee's at target need a dress code..

well the men at target had big smiles on thier faces..thier was a cashier who was wearing a very low neck blouse and she was buxum and spilling out of her blouse..was amusing because my dh looked embarrassed..she looked like she was 16 yrs of age..

was a disappointing trip to target..couldn't find any food containers..they did have any flowers..i think they were getting ready to display thier christmas tree's..

False
  • Re: employee's at target need a dress code..

That wouldn't fly at the Wal-Mart where my son works. 

False

Well, at every Target I've ever been too it is tan pants and a red shirt (usually whatever style the employee likes) but you'd think there were be some guidelines on decency and is and is not appropriate attire.

Walmart is navy shirt and tan pants. However, I see workers that look like their shirts are 10 years old, or pulled out of a dirty wad in a clothes hamper, and also very unkempt, and poor hygiene. Not very presentable for any work place.

False

Rebecca

LOL!

False

May you never forget to remember what is worth remembering, nor ever remember what is best forgotten.                                                                                         

There is a lot of places that need a dress code. I get so turned off by how todays clothing looks like night clothes for tops and everything spilling out or already out. I never thought I would be come old fashion. But come on! Some common sense needs you don't have to show everything.

Another policy I would like to see, is no chewing gum! I have even told some managers at restaurants, when they asked me how my service was, I will reply it could have been better if the waitress wasn't chewing and smacking her lips like a cow chewing cud. Also why isn't there more a code on hair. When I worked at a restaurant it was no loose hair. Half the time you can't see ones face for how the hair covers the face or is so long in the back you wonder where there bun is or hairnet. Doesn't anyone issue that any more? okay! off my soap box.

False

You can probably send the nearest Target employee to my place and have them dig in my closet for appropriate clothing. For some odd reason every time I've been in that place I've been mistaken for an employee. And I do NOT wear red and tan. I dress entirely in black most of the time and have a very "goth heavy" look. (No, I'm not "gothic" either.)  I also have many, many tattoos. So apparently what most of the California public thinks when they see me slumming around the local Target is "Raccoon eyes. check. Gothy clothing and black nail polish. check. Multiple tattoos in a dark art style and of a religious nature. check. She's obviously a Target employee! Let's ask where the underpants from this week's special are hiding!!!" 

Yes, they DO need a dress code. I've never been mistaken for an employee of Hot Dog on a Stick, so may I suggest something along those lines?

~Morg~

/slight vent over

False
    It takes a Viking to raze a village. My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Sister Atom Bomb of Love and Mercy!

Rebecca_WV_40
    Walmart is navy shirt and tan pants. However, I see workers that look like their shirts are 10 years old, or pulled out of a dirty wad in a clothes hamper, and also very unkempt, and poor hygiene.

I don't think our Walmart has a dress code. A few days ago there was a cashier that must have weighed 450 pounds and her dress was in stress. I admire them for hiring otherwise unemployable people but they should have a dress code which includes smocks for buxom people.
    False

So did you complain to the manager?

False

no i didn't complain it really wasn't that big of a deal to me..i was having to much fun teasing my dh..plus i was to tired to complain about anything..i just wanted to get out of the store.

False

Sadly, it seems to be a sign of the times with some ot this "trash dressing." I guess they need Judge Judy to tell them to cover up!

False
    _____ Woe to you that call evil good, and good evil: that put darkness for light, and light for darkness: that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter. --Isaiah 5:20

around here all Target employees were tan slacks and red polo shirts....never seen one with out that outfit....

False

It's not how you start, it's how you end....so end strong!!

Walk yourself strong!!

i'm wondering if this girl was called into work at last minute..all the othe employee's were dressed in a conservative way..

False

ds HAS TO WEAR BLUE SHIRT, TAN pants.  Lately he says he can wear jeans, and a blue shirt, too. Not sure if it is because he works nights or what.

His tan pants are looking really worn, but, I usually try to find him some on clearance, or for Christmas. He needs to start buying his own. LOL

False

catmint

I'm sorry you said they need a dress code so I thought you were upset.

Having a uniform does not prevent people from altering them or wearing them in an unintended way by the company. For example, when i was in high school everyone wore tapered pants. yet the pants that work gave out had very side legs.  Most kids had them sewn in a little bit. Well it was finally put to a halt when one girl had them sewn in so much they were skin tight. Then you had kids who wanted to wear them low on the hips and kept them there with a belt. 

It comes down to being specific in what you require of your employees. As a parent I would not want to have to shiled my kids' eyes because shewas showing everything she owned. 

False

It's obvious to me she used to work at an espresso stand!

Elizabeth

False