Peanuts In Coke? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Peanuts In Coke?

Last post Feb 19, 2009 10:47 AM by luv2can . 26 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 2 of 2 (27 items) 12
  • Re: Peanuts In Coke?

Paige2
    You think that's gross, how about people who put raw hamburger in their Coke?

False
    Photobucketsm peace Photobucket

Putting peanuts in a cold bottle of Coke is an old Southern practice.  The salt on the peanuts makes the Coke foam up and you drink the foam until it starts to slow down.  You can get the same effect by putting a pinch of salt in the top of the bottle.

As to the raw hamburger, I'd think that the Coke would cook the meat.

False

During a conference once some government woman pissed me off so much that during the break I dumped my electric razor stubble all over her subway sandwhich she left unattended. Wasn't a Southern thing.

False

We used to put peanuts in coke all the time when I was growing up!  Yum!  Haven't done it in years though, it wouldn't be the same putting peanuts in a coke can.  Sad  Gotta have the little bottles.

False
    Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. "John Wooden"
    Hunky_Style

During a conference once some government woman pissed me off so much that during the break I dumped my electric razor stubble all over her subway sandwhich she left unattended. Wasn't a Southern thing.

She was probably relishing those bites of piquant "thyme " spices....especially the ones stuck between her teeth. Not to mention her hairy tongue. Gosh, I'm hungry now. :p
    False
    Photobucket ♫ Della ♫

I still think it sounds awful.

False

I've heard of this somewhere but never did it. It doesn't sound THAT bad.  

When I was in high school, supposedly if you put aspirin in Coke it would be like liquor, or get you high

(I don't know if we had "high" back then, at least where I lived. We'd read things like never take a cigarette from anyone if it was rolled in brown paper (LOL)  The gangs in New York City smoked that stuff- "reefer". And there might be someone around trying to get you to try it and then you'd get hooked and your life would be over...)

I know, what is a gross thing someone does? Well, gross to YOU not them? I know someone who puts vinegar on just about everything. That, or mustard. She will take one of those frozen Banquet pot pies, cook it and squeeze mustard on it. A lot.

She's peel potatoes and dip them (raw) in vinegar and eat them.

Anything to do with raw hamburger seems gross to me. What about E.Coli and stuff you're supposed to cook to kill?

I'm trying to think if I eat anything someone else has said "how can you eat that?" or the combination.

Someone once told me her DH wouldn't eat mashed potatoes without choclate pudding on them. But there's a way of making candy with mashed potato (and powdered sugar?) rolling it in chocolate.

False

Hunky_Style

Now why would anyone bring razor stubble to a conference?  I'm calling boochit on this one.

False

Some days, I can literally see the testosterone floating in the air around here. 

4boysmom
    Now why would anyone bring razor stubble to a conference?
    Why would someone say that their son may have gotten on the computer late one night and pretended to be her?
    False
    Photobucket ♫ Della ♫

A southern thing, huh?  It doesn't sound very good to me, and I like my coke too much to potentially ruin it, but when we were younger we would put marshmallow cream in coke.  YUM!!

The only southern thing my dd came back from georgia with, was moon pies eaten with rc cola.

False

I used to do that as well,,( peanuts in coke) Just something we did,,I also pour pepsi over Ice Cream ( Black Cow??).. I think it is just something Kids do,,How about Mentos in Diet Coke??? Really makes the Coke fizz,,but has to be done in a Bottle.Added... BE FORE WARNED ..IT WILL MAKE A MESS.

False

it must be a southern thing. a nurse i used to work with always did this. she loved it. Tim McGraw also sings about peanuts in a bottle.

False
    Live in such a way that those who know you but don't know God, will come to know God because they know you. Click for Ankeny, Iowa Forecast[IMG] Photobucket
    Christian Glitter by www.christianglitter.com