Homemade Coffee Creamers | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Homemade Coffee Creamers

Last post Jul 03, 2010 4:31 PM by BillyG. . 18 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 12
  • Homemade Coffee Creamers

I have decided that spending $3 or more for a small bottle of coffee creamer is just moronic.  So I'm going to start making my own.  I have a base recipe (which I'll place at the bottom of this post), but I'm hoping you can offer flavor combinations.  Maybe we can help each other out with ideas we never would have thought of...so any ideas you can offer would be great!

Base Recipe for Liquid Coffee Creamer

14 oz. Sweetened Condensed Milk (fat free works too!)

14 oz. Milk (what ever you have on hand)

False
  • Re: Homemade Coffee Creamers

After you make the base, you'd add your flavorings.  Below are a few different options...

Chocolate Almond

1 tablespoon cocoa powder

1 teaspoon almond extract

Vanilla

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Cappuccino

1/2 teaspoon orange extract

Strudel

1 tablespoon cinnamon

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Chocolate Raspberry

2 teaspoons cocoa powder

2 tablespoons raspberry syrup

False

Great idea.  I don't use it by DH does.  I will have to try this with some of the extracts I have at home.  Peppermint I know I have.  Good way to use it up.

False
    License

Homemade Amaretto Creamer

10-12 servings

3/4 cup non-dairy creamer
    1 teaspoon cinnamon
    3/4 cup powdered sugar

Combine all ingredients in a container with a tight fitting lid. Shake well. Add 2 tablespoons to each 6 ounce cup of coffee or to taste.

False

" I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one h ell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.” E. B. White

"Blessed is the man, who having nothing to say, abstains from giving wordy evidence of the fact." George Eliot

SARA

Yum!  I'll bet these would make nice gifts at holidays!  We usually only use these in hot chocolate.

False

Community Manager

Taste of Home Magazine

Feel free to contact me if you have questions or concerns with the Taste of Home website or community.

PM me here, find me on Facebook or email me sstetzel.toh@gmail.com

Proudly serving as a Taste of Home Field Editor since 2009.Big Smile

I'll have to try this!  I bought a chocolate eclair creamer the other day. Ick!  I told dd that it tasted like I was drinking chemicals, nothing about it even remotely tasted like an eclair.

False

"Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
    Dr. Seuss

sstetzel
    We usually only use these in hot chocolate.

I don't drink coffee but my DS uses it in his hot chocolate also. He will be excited to try making his own flavors.

False

Every day I’m shufflin’

I agree!  Spending $3-sometimes $4 on creamer is crazy.  I have been purchasing flavored half and half at about "half" the price but I will give this receipe a try, thanks!  Also, my natrapath says that those creamers are terrible for you.  

False

Flavored Coffee Creamers Posted by: Treble_Clef

Try the link above.  :)

False

Are the added flavorings added to the base mixture or to each cup of coffee?

False

I'm not psycho.....I just like psychotic things.

Adria's World

The non-dairy powdered(I don't know about the liquids) coffee creamers all contain corn products which to a diabetic can be a disaster. Even tho it may contain a bit more fat, half and half is far better for those of us challenged by diabetes. You would be surprised at the different food products that contain corn products. I really have to read the labels. Now in the summer, I will take a bit of extra insulin so that I can have a half of ear of corn now and then..lol..T

False
    If the essence of my being has caused a smile to have appeared upon your face or a touch of joy within your heart, then in living I have made my mark.

Just a thought... I don't use it in any form, and I wish I could get mother to stop her "occasional" use for what Toni said...

Why wouldn't powdered milk work?

False

Thanks Raicleach & all!

DH has been making iced coffee and the cold frappucino's now that the weather is hot...and I must admit he's getting really good at it.

I'm going to copy these off for his further experimentations!!

False

DO NOT REGRET GROWING OLDER.

IT'S A PRIVILEGE DENIED TO MANY.

whateverfood

It wouldn't work for me because I like more 'richness' than powdered milk gives. Canned milk might work and I use it in soups and gravies, but have never tried it in coffee. I drink cereal coffee most of the time, not the real thing so I need the richness...

False
    If the essence of my being has caused a smile to have appeared upon your face or a touch of joy within your heart, then in living I have made my mark.

Scheidgirl___OREGON

whateverfood

It wouldn't work for me because I like more 'richness' than powdered milk gives. Canned milk might work and I use it in soups and gravies, but have never tried it in coffee. I drink cereal coffee most of the time, not the real thing so I need the richness...

So why not just add more powdered milk?  Nonfat canned milk is a viable replacement for cream in a recipe, so why not?  Just a thought... I look at what's in some of the alternatives and I shudder ...

False