Do you hang up on people? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Do you hang up on people?

Last post Jul 15, 2009 6:45 PM by Adria_NyxxTX . 37 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 2 of 3 (38 items) 123
  • Re: Do you hang up on people?

I wouldn't just hang up on a personal call. I've found that if I just hang up on telemarketers, they're likely to call back again. I ask them to put me on their "do not solicit list" and then hang up.

False

I never approve, or disapprove, of anything now. It is an absurd attitude to take towards life. We are not sent into the world to air our moral prejudices. I never take any notice of what common people say, and I never interfere with what charming people do. --Oscar Wilde

Do I hang up on people?  hummmm - my answer is "no" - this is why I have caller ID and an answering machine.  If it is a 1-800 type number - I won't answer it.  If it is that important the person can talk into the answering machine....

False

Aww come on Sitty - NEVER??? Not on the Zoo keeper?  Not on the Zoo kids????

False

Community Manager

Taste of Home Magazine

Feel free to contact me if you have questions or concerns with the Taste of Home website or community.

PM me here, find me on Facebook or email me sstetzel.toh@gmail.com

Proudly serving as a Taste of Home Field Editor since 2009.Big Smile

I have been the last few days.  A new list evidently making the rounds, asking for my husband.  He haas been deceased for many years.  I just hang up.

False

telemarketers and/or automated calls.   

False

We get this repeated call from ? looking for someone with a name similiar to my DH.  They won't take no for an answer (I think it's a bill collector from Bangladesh).  The caller ID says "unavailable" so we can't call them back.  They call and call and then stop for awhile and then a month or so later start up again.   I've told them if they call here again I'll call the police - kapish. 

If I hang up, they just call back!!  And they don't leave a message on the machine.

False

Who ME?  *LOL* NEVER! ya sure right... yep I have been known to replace the reciever.. or hit END!

False

Old age ain't no place for sissies . -Bette Davis-

Coryandme
    We have a friend who takes great pleasure with sales calls.  He just puts the phone down on a table and lets them go on their entire pitch and then just hangs up the phone the next time he passes by the table!

'Exactly what DH does after finding who is on the line. I don't ever answer the phone...

False
    If the essence of my being has caused a smile to have appeared upon your face or a touch of joy within your heart, then in living I have made my mark.

I used to hang up on telemarketers.  My mom or DH if they ticked me off.  Now that we're using cell phones, we don't get many unknown calls.

My grandma is one who is famous for stating her case as soon as you pick up the phone when she calls, then hanging up as soon as she's done talking without even a goodbye!

False

not unless I grab the phone before I check the caller ID and it's a telemarketer.

And then only if he/she won't take no for an answer.

As far as getting mad at someone and hanging up on them...see that's no fun anymore. Used to be with the old phone you could SLAM the receiver down for emphasis....but now all you can do is push a button. Confused

False

Orisleuth_MN
    my children when they start whining or arguing......

I don't think we usually agree on things, Oris, but this one I definitely concur!

I usually don't answer sales calls or 'unknown callers' and I don't hang up on other business calls- I ask for their supervisor!

brigidSleep

False

sstetzel

I've gotten quite used to hanging up on people lately.  It's rude - I know, but I've grown tired of arguing.  Instead of arguing I simply hang up.  Surprisingly - it puts a whole new dynamic on the conversation!

99% of the time- if I don't get a response within 3 seconds, then I know it's an automated telemarketer at worst (the equipment takes at least that long to respond to your voice response), or somebody looking for ghosts (ex- family)- surprised to hear a male voice instead of a female- makes them think a little as to what to say, because they are expecting the ex.  If they are quick enough, I tell them 'sorry, I divorced her in 2005 and have no clue where she went, and don't care to know nohow.  Sorry you wasted your time.  Oh, BTW, her last name is, by court order...(not mine).'

False

I hang up on telemarketers, though sometimes I will let them go on a little while, then say "no" and when they start up again as if I never spoke I say "NO THANK YOU" and hang up.

I used to hang up on the EX but he doesn't call anymore.  Not since he told me I was a loser for letting him go and I burst into maniacal laughter.  HE hung up on ME!  ROFLMAO!

False

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Ben Franklin

And when they call back yelling 'don't hang up on me agai....' is when I do it again....

LOL

Of course I NEVER hang up on DH....we have cell phones and THOSE are ALWAYS losing towers and signal....and he never hangs up on me either! It's just a coincidence when we're arguing on the phone and suddenly no one is there...

False

I'm not psycho.....I just like psychotic things.

Adria's World

Debbie_BayVillage

I used to hang up on the EX but he doesn't call anymore.  Not since he told me I was a loser for letting him go and I burst into maniacal laughter.  HE hung up on ME!  ROFLMAO!

LOL @ Debbie - that is too funny!!  You are the loser for letting him go???  Oh what the hail!!!!  Well, welcome to my world, cause I kicked out my WW  (worthless wonder) and he went straight for his momma and step-dad's house - another couple of losers!!  What I saw in him in the first place is beyond me!!
    False