How much does Cake Boss charge for a custom cake? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

How much does Cake Boss charge for a custom cake?

Last post Dec 30, 2012 5:54 PM by shelleyjCA2AZ . 27 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 12
  • How much does Cake Boss charge for a custom cake?

I watch the Cake Boss show and his bakery is Carlo's Bake shop googled it and see all the cakes but no prices. I just wonder how much these people spend on a customized cake. I know there are some professional cake decorators here. Those cakes are so detailed, just wonder how much these cakes would cost.

False
  • Re: How much does Cake Boss charge for a custom cake?

I don't know about the cake boss, but I checked the website for the bakery the "Ace of Cakes" works out of, and their minimum is $1000, if I recall correctly.  Quite a bit, but the cakes are works of art!!  I just cannot imagine paying that much for a cake....

False

I would have difficulty chewing a piece of cake that cost that much!  Just me. 

False

Life doesn't come with a remote --- get up and change it yourself!

That kind of work doesn't come cheaply.  I've been to the website, too, and I'd be willing to guess that he probably won't even sit down with you unless you're willing to pay a minimum of $1200 and up.

A regular bakery charges $6-8 per person for a simple wedding cake--one with buttercream slapped on it, some piped rosebuds, and some piped out squiggles.  So for a small wedding cake--to feed 100--you'd pay $600-800.  A work of art, with fondant, hand painting, sculpting, etc--that's much larger?  I'd be willing to bet some of his cakes go for several thousands, especially considering the area he works out of.  No. Jersey is extremely high priced in everything.

False

hi my name is amy, i am trying to figure out how much it would cost me to have u bouild a custom cake. i am wanting a classi and country theme cake. i am trying to feed about 200 people

False

Do you know that what kind of cake pasta use Buddy? something cereal pasta?what you can shape. I can't understand exactly.

Thank you your helping.

False

On Carlo's Bake shop website it says in the FAQ that for an elaborate cake depending on what you want will cost between $12 to $18 per person. So you are probably looking around $1,800 to feed 100 people. Pricey yes, but they look so good and I am sure they even taste better.

False

I think the Ace of Cakes crew is far more talented then Buddy and so you are going to pay more for his. If you want to buy one where you live, it will depend on who is making it. A wel known person can charge more than the person just starting out. Sometimes for a new business you might get a discount if you say that you will publicize the business at the event. 

False

Don't forget, you can't just figure how much the CAKE will cost but what the DELIVERY charge ads to that cost.

A friend was at an affair about a month ago where they had a cake from Carlo's Bakery.  The cake, if I recall correctly was in the $2000+ range, BUT there was also a delivery charge of OVER $1000!!!!!!  (this was about an hour or two from Hoboken).  And those kinds of cakes generally do need to be delivered, with some final set-up done onsite.  You definitely wouldn't want to try transporting and setting up a $2500 cake yourself.

False

If I paid that much for the artistry involved in those cakes, I would not want anybody cutting into it, would you?  I would just pass around twinkies .

False

A LOT!  Add a bunch of 0's behind a random number, well, maybe 4, even possibly 5 o's. (I live in a rather small town, so I can't be more exact than that.)  And the cakes that are amazingly fabulous, like NASDAQ, And Oprah, add another 0 (zero)!  I could buy a car, or minivan, or a mode of transportation that I'd be very happy with, for quite some time!  I'm a cake designer, freelance, and It's a skill that takes a lifetime to polish.  I sent myself through Nursing school by selling wedding cakes, and doing some small catering jobs.  Custom cakes of that level are nothing to sneeze at.  It takes more background equipment, internal support, time honored recipes, saleries for workers, and more other details than one would realize.Sure, it's big, big fun, but my hmo, or grocery store won't take a cake as payment.jo

False
    add 2 zeros behind what you want to feed, I'm a designer, and I'm just sayin......jo
    False

Stop being a cheapskake & hater just because Buddy is far more famous, talented, & successful than Ace of Cakes. Buddy and his crew are much better than Ace of Cakes, that show is boring & lame!! & Buddy incorporates his family and shows his love & support! I'll choose Cake Boss over Ace of Cakes ANYTIME!!!!

False

Isn't Ace of Cakes now off the air or soon to be?

False

To tell the truth, most weddings and heir trappings are much to elaborate and WAY too expensive. Especially since over 50% of al marriages in the US end in divorce.

I was married in 1962 (at age 35). No wedding dress or tux. Our simple wide gold bands cost $70.00, the pastor who married us in a short ceremony took $20.00. The only people present were two couples who were friends of mine since my husband was from out of town.The 6 of us went out for dinner,  a few drinks and dances . All in all, our wedding and celebration did not cost more than $130.00.

We were  very happy (no fights) for 44 yrs when my husband passed away at age 87.

If I were young today and getting married I would cut down the guest list, borrow a model cake for the photo-op and serve something much more simple and use the saved money for a down payment on a house (unless you have money to waste)

False