Eye drops that make your eyelashes GROW ! Yes it's true but | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Eye drops that make your eyelashes GROW ! Yes it's true but

Last post Jul 27, 2009 10:01 PM by Cassiebabe_Calif . 12 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
  • Eye drops that make your eyelashes GROW ! Yes it's true but

First of all I have Glacolma and have had to try many diff drops to get my pressure down.  I was very surprised to see ads now coming out for women to buy this kind of a product to have their eye lashes grow.

My Optamologist perscribed this to be before all this hoop-la.   My pressure didn't come down that much and he had me stop.  BUT !!  Yes,  my lashes grew in thicker and long.  I was happy for a short time.  

Long story short,  my lashes are back to being skimpy and I use alot of Mascara !!!

Cassie :)

False

Barbara Anne

• Re: Eye drops that make your eyelashes GROW ! Yes it's true but

MY DH also needs to take eye drops nightly.  And yes, he now has lovely long lashes. 

Aleida

False

Aleida
    he now has lovely long lashes

Poor guy... Indifferent  (I'm teasing...no offense, please)

I suffer from dry eye.  It's no fun, but I don't think I need a drug to add to my struggles (long story). I have no need or desire for "long lashes" anywho.

False

The product was reviewed on a local news station here and Brooke Shields is the spokeswoman for it.

The product is called Latisse and for Eyelash growth (unlike for Glaucoma patients who use it as drops)  it is applied on the upper eyelashes with brushes sold (prescription only) with the Latisse.Once discontinued apparently eyelashes return to normal length.~Alliea

http://www.latisse.com/

False

Susan-Serving as a Taste Of Home Field Editor since 2009

hmm, didnt' know it was the same thing. I have seen the commercials. I have decent eyelashes, but, they are light colored, and with my hotflashes, I can't stand mascara much. I did order some mascara from avon from my ds's girlfriend, and might try using it some.

False

catmint

Alliea

The product was reviewed on a local news station here and Brooke Shields is the spokeswoman for it.

Like Brooke Shields needs to worry about that.

False
    I'll gladly pay you tomorrow for a hamburger today - Wimpy

One of my friends is using Latisse to thicken her eye lashes.  She's noticed a difference after using it about a month.

False

No offense taken Whateverfood.  I don't suppose DH would too impressed to know I called his eyelashes "lovely" on a BB -- but heh-- they are what they are.

Aleida

False

purselamplady - I Don't think she (Brooke Shields ) is  worried in the least .

Not a spokeswoman I endorse or don't endorse- just stating the fact that she is spokeswoman for that particular company.

She is well compensated for the commercials I am sure and unlike most that would have to pay  $$$ -a  free  Bonus.....long lashes to boot!

A Friend of mine who uses it.... does claim it is very effective though. I sure noticed a difference re: her eyelashes .

It is not cheap though it usually runs $99-$120 when used for cosmetic purposes she says.

Eyelash hypotrichosis is another name for having inadequate or not enough eyelashes.

Latisse Before and After

From Beautytiptoday.com

~Alliea

False

I dunno, I thought Brooke Shields eyelashes did look a bit puny.

False

catmint

This is the same stuff that is in the expensive mascara that you posted about yesterday Cassie.

I would never use it because I don't want my blue eyes to turn brown.

False

"She was not what you would call refined. She was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot."

Mark Twain

whiteflower_pa
    This is the same stuff that is in the expensive mascara

This is a different product. Latisse is prescription only -not available OTC.

LATISSE® (bimatoprost ophthalmic solution) 0.03% is the first and only prescription treatment approved by the FDA for inadequate or not having enough eyelashes, growing them longer, fuller and darker.

False

Which ever one it is,  I'am not using it.  I had the perscription one as I said to try and get my eye pressure down for Glacolma.  One of my best features is my big blue eyes,  people even ask me if I wear contacts.  Grrrrrrr !  I was worried they might turn brown.

Cassie  :)

False

Barbara Anne