Critter Chat ~ Friday (yippee!) 8/28 | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Critter Chat ~ Friday (yippee!) 8/28

Last post Aug 29, 2009 4:19 AM by Deonia . 46 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 4 (47 items) 1234
  • Critter Chat ~ Friday (yippee!) 8/28
    • Dog [&]

Hello Chatters!

It's a dark, dramp (that's damp & drearyWink) day here in my part of Indiana.  

Dh thinks he's picking up poison ivy off the girls leashes and harnesses.  He catches it very easily and Sammie will walk through brush a lot on their walks in the park.  So, I took their leashes and harnesses and put them in the washer this morning.  When they heard the tags rattling they came a runnin'.  I put them in the washer and Libby sat there, staring at the washer, crying.  Poor Libby, she thought she was going to get a walk this morning.  Now I hesitate to take them out of the washer.  Maybe I'll wait to they go outside and then I'll take them out of the washer.

Deonia, you are a night owl, aren't you?  She closed up the CC house last night.  You had good information for Nan about figs, I hope she sees it.  Deonia, it looks like you tried to post a picture for Jan, but it just says "Bandwith Exceeded".  Is your PB account set to "private"?  I fear you may have the same problem Nan had awhile ago.

BD, I have a pair of sandals that rub me wrong too.  They are my "just for show" ones and I only wear them when I won't be walking a lot.

Do any of you ladies shop at Aldi's?  I think I'm going to check out the one we have here.  I'm looking for product recommendations.  I think I might start a thread in KC, asking for suggestions.

Have a great day.

False

• Re: Critter Chat ~ Friday (yippee!) 8/28

Morning Crits!

its overcast here today. suppose to rain off and on, NOT good! we have tractor pulls tonight and people are really looking forward to it as they do every year. plus its a big money maker for the fair..maybe we will luck out and it won't rain...well I can hope :)       My daughter might come home for the fair tonight, and of course I am sure she will bring her laundry lol..................OH I just looked outside, its a steady drizzle :(    

Angel_food I can just imagine the look on libbys face...poor baby :)

well I think I will try and get something done.

False

Hi luvadash.  I'm on my way out the door but wanted to stop by and say hi!  I hope the weather clears up for the pull tonight.  My dh and boys like those things.  Sometimes the muddier it is, the more fun it is to watch.

At least your dd won't have too much laundry since she hasn't been gone that long.  TTYL!

False

Hi AF!  It's dramp here today too.  I'm getting ready to go in.  The teacher asked if I could come in for awhile and help finish the room.  she has a background in special education so I'm sure I'll be doing more learning than she will. lol

Angel_Food
    Do any of you ladies shop at Aldi's? 

One just opened up not too far from us.  I did a run through but didn't really see anything to make me want to come back.

Poor Libs!  She thought she was going to get an extra walk today~skunked again!  I worry every time I pet Prissy, she hangs out in the woods behind our house.  You can't walk two steps without encountering PI.

I'd better get off of here and pack some snacks for dd.  She's going with me to help set up the classroom.  I guess I'll have to do my back to school shopping tomorrow and I won't be getting my haircut before school starts.  Oh well, that's why they made ponytails holders. lol

False

"Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
    Dr. Seuss

Good morning!  Spring is drawing to a close in northern Michigan and Fall is moving right in.  We're in for a couple of cold, rainy days.  Highs in the mid-50's.  Isn't that special?

Angel_Food
    Libby sat there, staring at the washer, crying.  Poor Libby, she thought she was going to get a walk this morning. 

Awwww.  Almost breaks your heart, doesn't it?  Get out there and throw the ball for her...distract her...take her mind off it...LOL!

Angel_Food
    Do any of you ladies shop at Aldi's?

I've only been in Aldi's once, down at my moms.  I stopped in to see 'what it was all about'.  I do remember thinking "wow, they have some good prices", but I don't remember any specifics.  I think you need to bring your own bags, though.

Hi Luvadash!  How was the movie, Julie and Julia?  Did you and Kozy enjoy it?  Of course DD is going to bring her laundry.  It's one of those unwritten rules!

Waving to everyone who stops in and I'll be back later!

False
    Photobucketsm peace Photobucket

jangrif
    It's dramp here today too.

LOL!  Love that word.  I'm going to file it in my 'mornoon' category!

jangrif
    She's going with me to help set up the classroom. 

I bet she's going to love having you as one of the teachers at school.

jangrif
    Oh well, that's why they made ponytails holders. lol

I wish my hair was still long enough for a pony tail.  Solves a lot of bad hair days!  Barrettes and clips can be a girl's best friend, too!

Have fun today, Jan!

False

That pretty much sums it up.

DH wanted to finish the fence today and we woke up to rain. We had so little rain all summer and now it seems like we get some every other day.

AF you're such a mean mommy. Poot Libby. Hope you fixed the poison ivy problem.

Luva good morning. I bet you can pretty much count on the fact you will have extra laundry if DD comes home.

Jan pony tails have their uses. You'll get into a good routine after a couple of weeks.

Better get back to my cleaning. DH is home today so I actually have to "move" the dust rag today. 

False

Hi BlueDenim, Yes the movie was very good, Kozy and I both enjoyed it. took Kozy to the fair afterwards. we decided to walk around for a little while before eating because Kozy sugar was to high to eat. we didn't walk around that long when she took her sugar again and it was WAY down! So we ordered garbage fries. poor Kozy was feeling poorly from the low sugar and had to force herself to eat. but after about 10 minutes she started feeling a bit better and was able to enjoy her food.   after we ate we decided to walk down and see the baby piggys. then after that we decided to walk back to the car and go home. Poor Kozy by the time we got back to the car she was feeling very poor again, now we had just ate, but Kozy decided to take her sugar again...it was even lower then before we ate!! so I drove to the nearest ice cream place and got her a chocolate cone. she ate not even 1/2 of it because she didn't want to shoot her sugar to high. well I got her home, then called later and she was still haveing trouble getting her sugar up. but finally she did. she said she enjoyed getting out, but I sure wish she had felt better.

Hi Jang sounds like you are going to be very busy :)

False

Hi Alby, looks like we were typeing at the same time *Smile*  One thing about daughter coming home with laundry SHE does it. she hasn't trusted me with her laundry sence she was 14 and I shrunk her favorite shirt lol.

I am thinking perhaps later I will go to the fair just to get some food lol. 

Angel_food, if it doesn't clear up a bit and dry off then the tractor pull will be cancelled. they won't pull in the mud :(

False

Alby
    DH is home today so I actually have to "move" the dust rag today. 

LOL...darn things don't move on their own, do they!

Kozy...I hope you're feeling better today!

We have another birthday party to go to tonight.  Seems like August has been loaded with them.  Jan, you're in good company with your August birthday!  We'll be on the lake again so I'm getting my ski jacket out.  Pity, isn't it?

False
    GATOR.jpg image by toxiceyes1    In the entertainment section of today's newspaper I read of a fund raising event that I absolutely must attend. In fact the whole darn family wants to go. Son and his group, daughter and her entourage and, of course, DH & I.
    Click on the link below to read what we all are wanting to go see.  

False

Hi red_savage  sign me up I want to go also lol. it sounds like it is going to be a lot of fun :)

False

Just a quick drop in before I go do some laundry and other chores

Do not want to get gross here but wondered if anyone else has had fungus on their toes..Did you know that vicks-vabor-rub would cure that?.. Smile

I see luvadash has told you about our trip to the fair..I guess I am getting to old for those walk arounds..I hate when my blood sugar plays the yoyo (high-low) games. I did enjot watching the baby piggys. They are so cute..

What do you do with left over spaghetti? Tonight I am going to have fried spaghetti. Never tried that before but it looks good on the internet..grin..I am going to post the recipe I found so you can check it out on another post if you care to..

Have a great week-end

False
    ]

Good afternoon! It is raining,and dreary here in chicagoland...and it should be the last day of rain.It is cooler outside...by for some reason it is warm in the house! Just made some soup and grilled cheese to eat. My husband for the first time groomed our cockerspaniel...and he did a great job!  I figure he would,because Biscuit...the dog...sits like a statue and wont move!!!

False

jangrif
    The teacher asked if I could come in for awhile and help finish the room.  she has a background in special education so I'm sure I'll be doing more learning than she will.

That's kind of nice.  Then you can have a hand in how things are arranged, maybe.  I think it's neat your dd is going with you.  I bet that's exciting for her too.

jangrif
    You can't walk two steps without encountering PI.

I wonder if I'm immune to it?  I just don't ever catch it.  Dh does and my brother is highly allergic.

bd
    We're in for a couple of cold, rainy days.  Highs in the mid-50's.  Isn't that special?

Well, the 50 degree temps are special for you, but we are having lots of rain right now too.  This is a good "go back to bed and throw the covers over your head" kind of day.

BD
    Get out there and throw the ball for her...distract her...take her mind off it...LOL!

You want to know something?  I can't play ball with Libby.  Not because I don't want to, but because she doesn't want to.   You see, I'm not my dh. That's a problem for her, lol.  She will play with the ball for me if I throw it in the pool....IF she feels like swimming at that moment.  Sammie doesn't know how to play ball.  You throw it for her....she may or may not chase it....if she does she brings it half way back and lays down. *sigh*

Hi Alby!  Figures.  You're all set to finish the project and it rains.  Well, put a dust rag in dh's hands and get it done twice as fast!

luvadash, thanks for the review of the movie.  The ground must be completely dry for a pull?  Oh, I hope they don't have to cancel it.

Kozy, darn it.  I hope you're feeling better today.  Is that unusual for your sugar to ride that roller coaster?  Your fried spaghetti sounds interesting.  I'm not a big fan of spaghetti, so I can't imagine how you prepare that.

red, I'd check out the gators but NOT the pythons.  Yikes.

False