Our 10 most popular recipes for the month delivered right to your inbox!
I noticed last night after already eating one BLT sammich that the next piece of bread I pulled out had tiny little spots of mold growing near the edge. It was wheat bread so hard to see but it was there.
Now the fun question is did the two pieces of bread I had already eaten have tiny little mold spots on them and if they did...
Think I'll live? LOL
Just to be safe I drank a glass of water with apple cider vinegar in it right away. I figure if it will keep you from getting sick eating bad seafood it would handle a little mold allright.
I'm not psycho.....I just like psychotic things.
I think I'll live.
A small amount of wheat bread mold should not harm you, unless you're allergic to penecillin. Rye bread mold is much more dangerous--could make you hallucinate, or could kill you.
A lot of this is folk memories and cultural hangovers.
Wow wouldn't that be an interesting episode of House...patient eats moldy rye bread, hallucinates and is dying...
Yes, Ergot was what I was thinking of. I didn't realize that commercial rye flour was treated against it.There is one theory that the accusers in the Salem Witch trials had eaten some toxic rye bread and truly thought they had seen the neighbors flying on broomsticks.
Lady Fingers--could make you hallucinate,
--could make you hallucinate,
humm sounds interesting
Lady Fingerstruly thought they had seen the neighbors flying on broomsticks.
Sounds logical to me!
rrpininLady Fingers--could make you hallucinate, humm sounds interesting
Adria_NyxxTXI think I'll live.
I'm very, very happy to hear that, Dear Adria!
FWIW, I think one can eat a lot of mold without too much complication. Otherwise, there'd be no such thing as Blue Cheese.
I myself am allergic to mold, take two prescription nasal sprays daily, and have accidently eaten a piece of bread now and then that had mold on it. Obviously, I am still here so I wouldn't worry. Don't you know penicillian is made from mold? Are you allergic to that drug? If not, not to worry.
Well, as it seems you made it through the night, I'd say it's a pretty safe bet you'll live to a grand old age!!
I don't think I'm allergic to penecillan...penicillan?...
And I make it a point not to eat blue cheese 'cause ick....can't bring myself to knowingly eat mold... I shudder...
So, glad to be alive, glad you're glad I'm alive, now on to more dangerous food products.
Like Candy Cane Oreos. I'm SURE those will kill me if I eat too many of them.
Adria_NyxxTXLike Candy Cane Oreos. I'm SURE those will kill me if I eat too many of them.
But think of the very happy death you'll experience, Oh Dearest Chocolate Addict!
© RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC 2014