Has anyone tried Costco tamales? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Has anyone tried Costco tamales?

Last post Dec 18, 2009 7:10 PM by dreyfuss . 5 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
  • Has anyone tried Costco tamales?

I see them all the time and wonder if they are any good? Also, if they can be frozen? How do they compare to Trader Joe's tamales?

False
  • Re: Has anyone tried Costco tamales?

nope...husband makes ours...right now we have beef, potato with green chili and cheese with green chili...he makes at least 2 big batches yearly...and then using the Foodsaver vacuum sealer, seals 3 together....2 for him and 1 for me...or 3 for him..lol

but all tamales can be frozen....then steamed when you want to eat 1 or 2...steam using a rice cooker is a great way...the cooker that has the little steamer insert works great...

my favorite tamale....sweet corn....it's filled with jack cheese and green chilis...YUMMY!!

False

It's not how you start, it's how you end....so end strong!!

Walk yourself strong!!

Yes, we buy the chicken tamales (for DH)from Costco all the time and I freeze them after using  the vacuum food saver.  T

Edit-we just moved back to where there is a Trader Joes-I will have to check out their tamales...

False
    If the essence of my being has caused a smile to have appeared upon your face or a touch of joy within your heart, then in living I have made my mark.

No... we make our own.  One of our great friends from Mexico taught us how.  Costco's are WAY too expensive for us to buy.  We can make 10 times as much for the same price.

False

I never checked this price... if they are xpensive I will not get  them

False

Glad you asked the question.  I bought some green chili cheese this week at costco.  They were $15 for a dozen.  I'm anxious to try them.  We just bought some from a school fund raiser that were so good, they were pork and very generous with the pork, so that was the reason I went for the chili cheese.  Now I've got to see about getting recipes for them from this post.  Sounded YUM!

False