Boneless chicken recipes | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Boneless chicken recipes

Last post Jan 22, 2010 12:06 PM by dutchmom4MI . 22 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 12
  • Boneless chicken recipes

What are some good boneless chicken recipes? Boneless chicken breasts are really cheap this week. I love chicken fixed any way but my kids aren't as big of chicken fans as I am. I need to find new ways to fix it. Does anyone have any good recipes they make with it?

False

Every day I’m shufflin’

• Re: Boneless chicken recipes

I like to take a full bottle of italian dressing and pour it over a roaster pan or slowcooker of boneless chicken breast. I pour a little bit of water in also. Then I let it bake at 350 for 1 to 2 hours depending on how many breasts. Or let it bake part of the day in a slowcooker. It's a dish I will make when company is here. You can also do it in a skillet on the stove. But I find the oven and slowcooker the best.

You can also take and lay them in a greased casserole dish. Pour some rice over the breasts. Then mix a can of cream of mushroom soup and a cup of milk over the rice mixing it lightly. Put some broccoli on top if you like broccoli. Then add a cup or two of water. Let it bake at 350 for an hour. Watch your rice keeps moist.

Instead of using rice and broccoli in the above recipe. Place a box of uncooked mixed stove top stuffing on top of the breasts. Then mix a can of cream of chicken and milk together and pour over the top of the stuffing and chicken and bake at 350 for 45 minutes or more.

I like to take a stock pan and put water half way in and put my breasts in and let it cook for a while. Then I take the chicken out, slice it into chunks return to the stock pot, mix in a can of chicken broth, can of carrots, mince an onion, 3 stocks of celery cubed, then mix a package of chicken noodle flavoring packet you can find in a grocery store of flavored prepared chicken noodle package. I sometimes add more noodles. Then let it cook into a great pot of soup.

False

enjoynature
    Place a box of uncooked mixed stove top stuffing on top of the breasts. Then mix a can of cream of chicken and milk together and pour over the top of the stuffing and chicken and bake at 350 for 45 minutes or more.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that one. Thanks for the other ideas too. Yes

False

Every day I’m shufflin’

Orisleuth_MN
    Boneless chicken breasts are really cheap this week.

When I come across a great sale on Chicken Chests, Orisleuth, I poach them in water or Chicken Broth & then freeze them in Freezer Ziplock bags.  That way, when I have no time or ideas for what to make for Dinner; I'm already one step ahead of the game! Yes

Dice some of the Poached Chix Chests & stir fry them with some sugar snap peas.  Serve over Brown Rice or Wheat Cous Cous. 

Grill the Chix Chests and serve in toasted Pita Bread with some Light Ranch Dressing. 

I'll probably come up with more Ideas for you.  These days I eat a lot of Chix Chests! Surprise

Krissy~~~ 

False

Had this for dinner last night and boy was it good.  Cut chicken 2 breasts into small pieces and marinated (about 10 minutes) into 1/2 grated onion, juice of 2 lemons, and pepper (added saffron too, but this is optional).  Drain most of lemon juice and sautee.  Added to cheese raviolis tossed with EVOO and parmasean.  Yum.  We use this marinade for grilled chicken too.  Grating the onion seems to add more flavor and more or less disolves over time in the lemon juice.

False
    Click for San Dimas, California Forecast

I love it barbecued. You can use the oven, stovetop or crockpot, it doesn't matter. Just put the chicken and some barbecue sauce in whatever pot or skillet, and cook it slowly. I use a homemade sauce (simple, just some catsup, brown sugar, vinegar, maybe a touch of Worcestershire if I don't forget it and diced onions, all quantities adjusted to whatever your tastebuds say is good) because I don't like bottled ones.

Another good recipe is to cut the breasts into bite-sized chunks and saute them in butter, then mix them into spaghetti (cooked barely al dente) mixed with cream of celery (or whatever cream of you like) soup and lots of some shredded cheese, then bake. You can add any veggies you like to the concoction, too.

A lot of times I'll cook a whole big bag of the boneless skinless breasts, simmering them in a pot of water with celery and onion and whatever else sounds good to you til they're nice and tender. Then I freeze them in serving-sized portions for use in the future. I've even fried them, and they come out better than starting with raw chicken, IMO. You don't have to worry about them not being cooked through, so as soon as the crust is perfect, they're done. 

False

bobswife
    I poach them in water or Chicken Broth & then freeze them in Freezer Ziplock bags.

Great idea to pre-cook, Krissy and Brat!  Idea I am terrible at deciding what we are having for dinner ahead of time.

False

Every day I’m shufflin’

Simple and delicious and tasty enough for company!  Pound out four chicken breast between wax paper and lay one or two piece of chipped beef on each piece, roll them up and lay seam side down in a baking dish...set a side and combine 1 can of cream of chicken soup ,four chopped green onions, cracked pepper and 1 cup of grated cheddar or swiss cheese, mix and pour over the chicken breasts, bake for 45 min in a 350 degree oven un covered. add slivered almonds and contiue to bake until almonds are a golden brown.   

Molly

False

This is one of our favorite dishes, even my picky kids eat it.  We usually have it a couple of times a month.

Creamy Italian Chicken (TOH)

• 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
    • 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
    • 1/4 cup water
    • 1 package (8 ounces) Cream Cheese, softened
    • 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
    • 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained (I don't ever put these in, my kids don't like mushrooms)
    • Hot cooked pasta or rice
    • Fresh oregano leaves, optional (I don't add this either)

Directions

• Place the chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine salad dressing mix and water; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 3 hours.
    • In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and soup until blended. Stir in mushrooms. Pour over chicken. Cook 1 hour longer or until a meat thermometer reaches 170°. Serve with pasta or rice. Garnish with oregano if desired. Yield: 4 servings.

**I usually pound my chicken to flatten and tenderize a bit.  Then I cut the chicken up into smaller pieces before I cook this.  I have also served this over both rice and pasta and liked it both ways, but our favorites has to be served over wide egg noodles.  The kids can get enough of the noodles!!

False
    Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. "John Wooden"

This one has been a big hit with our family.  We prefer it over cooked noodles, rather than rice.  And I've even used the chicken breasts still frozen, just cooked a couple of minutes more, and it's easy to increase the number of servings, so it's an easy meal to have on hand

4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
    2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) DEL MONTE® Stewed Tomatoes - Italian Recipe
    2 tablespoons cornstarch
    1/2 teaspoon dried oregano or basil, crushed
    1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (optional)
    1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
      Hot cooked rice (optional)

Prep and Cook Time 30 minutes
    1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Slightly flatten each chicken breast; place in 11×7-inch baking dish.
    2. Cover with foil; bake 20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove foil; drain.
    3. Meanwhile, in large saucepan, combine tomatoes, cornstarch, oregano and pepper sauce, if desired. Stir to dissolve cornstarch. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
    4. Pour sauce over chicken; top with cheese.
    5. Return to oven; bake, uncovered, 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve with rice or pasta, if desired.
    False

This is another favorite and it's really easy. 

Mexican Chicken Soup (TOH)

•   1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
    • 2 teaspoons canola oil
    • 1/2 cup water
    • 1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning
    • 1 can (32 ounces) V8 juice
    • 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
    • 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
    • 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
    • 6 tablespoons reduced-fat cheddar cheese
    • 6 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
    • 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro

Directions

• In a large nonstick skillet, saute chicken in oil until no longer pink. Add water and taco seasoning; simmer, uncovered, until chicken is well coated.
    • Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the V8 juice, salsa, beans and corn. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through. Serve with the cheese, sour cream and cilantro. Yield: 6 servings.

**(I've used leftover chicken before and just skipped the saute step.  Also, we don't care for black beans so I use rinsed kidney beans instead.)

False
    Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. "John Wooden"

I love chicken breasts in a curry.

Cut chicken in bite size pieces and sear. Remove from casserole. Fry onions and garlic in 1 TBL butter till transparent, not brown. Add curry. I use a paste, either Biryani or Vindaloo. If you like your curry weak then you can safely cut the recommended amount listed on the jar in half. Return seared chicken to casserole. Add potatoes cut in quarters and celery chunks and a can of diced tomatoes. Add water to just cover meat and vegs. Add one large bay leaf. Cook over low heat till potatoes are almost done.  Add salt to taste. You can add at this point green beans or broccoli or other fast cooking vegetable.

Serve over brown rice.

Also there is always the perennial favorite - chicken and dumplings.

I too stock up on chicken breasts when they are on sale. But never thought to precook them. I am very partial to stir fries in the summer when the veggies in the garden start to produce. So thanks for the idea. Also the cooking water - well broth - will make a good stock for future soups and casseroles.

False

These are my favorites from TOH.

Bruschetta chicken

Mushroom cheese chicken

Chicken artichoke casserole

False

I season chicken breasts with McCormick Grill mate and then grill them on my George Foremen grill. I freeze them individually.  

Then for dinner, I make a nice fresh salad and reheat one in the microwave and slice it over the salad. Tastes fresh grilled.  Barbara

False

I like to put them in between pieces of wax paper,pound them until they're thin,dip them in egg,coat them in bread crumbs and fry in a little EVOO. Then top with tomato sauce and mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Delicious!

False