Looking for a recipe for barbeque sauce using grape jelly | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Looking for a recipe for barbeque sauce using grape jelly

Last post Feb 21, 2010 11:33 AM by Tpot_NC . 6 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
  • Looking for a recipe for barbeque sauce using grape jelly
    • Huh? [:^)]

A girlfriend gave me the recipe over 25 years ago and I can't find it.  Any of you have a tried and true recipe?

False

Everything is okay in the end, if it's not okay, then it's not the end.

• Re: Looking for a recipe for barbeque sauce using grape jelly

That's one of those things you really don't need a recipe for.  It's just ketchup or chili sauce and grape jelly.  Put enough ketchup in with your meatballs (or whatever you're making) to glaze them, and add a few spoonfuls of grape jelly--until you're happy with the taste.  Of course, you can add chopped onion, pepper, pickle relish, etc--but the whole point of the jelly bbq is it's simplicity, so I generally just use the 2 ingredients.  It's alwasy a winner.  I make bbq'd meatballs with the grape jelly sauce every summer with my summer school kids when we read Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs--and no matter how many meatballs we make, it's never enough!

False

Here's the only one I found online.  I did not name the recipe.  Not sure if you meant that one ingredient in the BBQ is grape jelly or you mean the old grape jelly/BBQ sauce mix that's served over cocktail weiners or meatballs.

Ghetto grape Jelly BarBeQue sauce

ingredient:
    Grape jelly
    white vinegar
    ketchup
    brown sugar
    topatilla hot sauce
    white wine
    and
    yellow mustard

Source(s):

combine ingredients in nonstick pan. simmer 20 minutes. add lemom juice to enhance at end.

False

My favorite "Keep It Simple Barbeque Sauce" recipe:

1 large jar of grape jelly

1 large jar of chili sauce

Cook in crockpot on low 4 hours.   lol.

False

Nature is the 'Great Mysterious' ... the religion before religions. Peter Matthiessen, Indian Country

Here is my BBQ Meatball recipe

Cocktail Meatballs

1 small jar grape jelly
    2 jars chili sauce
    2 bags frozen meatballs

Heat jelly and chili sauce in pan until jelly is liquid. Put meatballs in crockpot or pot on stovetop. Add sauce and cook 4 hours on low in crockpot or simmer on stovetop for 1 1/2 hours.

False

Kathy

you can also put grape jelly in your spaghetti sauce...it helps cut the acidity...i do occasionally, if i think of it...  the sour cream works for me...

False

carrotop_f
    you can also put grape jelly in your spaghetti sauce...it helps cut the acidity.

I have never heard of this..Thanks I am going to give it a try.

False
    If you feel the need to tell people you are not a racist...you probably are a racist. Tpot If a free society cannot help the many who are poor,it cannot help the few who are rich. John F.Kennedy