Need ideas for gift basket raffle. | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Need ideas for gift basket raffle.

Last post Apr 28, 2010 5:06 PM by GmawMary . 10 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
  • Need ideas for gift basket raffle.

My company does a gift basket raffle and cake auction for Relay for Life each year.  Each department does a large gift basket to raffle off.  The department whose gift basket fetches the most money gets an ice cream social. (yippy-skippy)  Anyway my department won last year so we have a reputation to keep up.  Based on what was done last year we DON'T want to do: night at the movies, day at the beach, summer barbecue or golf outing.  Any other ideas out there???? 

False
  • Re: Need ideas for gift basket raffle.

Hi, there!  We do a big basket raffle at our hockey tournament every winter.  The most popular baskets are money tree, "Eating out" or "shopping spree"- which is a bunch of gift cards for restaurants", booze/wine basket, sports - ie. tix to a professional team plus fan gear like hats, etc.  They are high priced baskets, in terms of what is in them (though folks get the sports tix donated usually)...but we get a ton of money from tix purchased for the baskets.  We also have baskets where basically everyone pitches in money and a big ticket item is purchased, and then minimal smaller items added...ie. a camera or ipod plus a few little things.  Now - that is when you have at least 15 people pitching in...so may not work for you if smaller numbers, or if folks would really like to keep basket donations to a minimum. 

False

How to keep Gingerbread men from running away?  Eat them.

One I saw elsewhere that was nice was a baking basket...

False

How to keep Gingerbread men from running away?  Eat them.

There was another thread on here awhile back asking this same question. I tried to find it for you, but couldn't, but I did find this one: hope the link works

http://community.tasteofhome.com/forums/t/118100.aspx?PageIndex=1

If it doesn't work, or you want to find more, go to the search and search for gift baskets. You will find a bunch of different threads about this. Good luck!

False

One of my girlfriends school does that, they do it in their PTA or something they don't want the kids going house to house for funrisers so they have the Parents buy tickets $25 for dinner and then do a gift basket auction/ She got a bounce house gift card, $200 and a bunch of birthday stuff for her girl in it. So in June she is getting a Princess bounce house. I would have loved to had that for my girl the other day. Barns and Noble gift cards and coffee gifts cards and fun things in it too.  Maybe a weekend get away, and some extras fun stuff for two. Have fun love stuff like this.

False
    martini basket. a bottle of vodka, blue cheese suffed olives, a shaker, 4 glasses, recipe book, etc........
    False

How about a "Spa Basket" with scented soaps, sponges, lotions, sponges, scented candles, bubble baths, wash cloths, rubber duckies, etc.

False

siggie budgie-little green Duckling kissing heart  

Colossians 3:17, 23,24

I saw a great  ITALIAN theme basket done and I sure would have like to have WON it.

Depending on your budget of course.  Start with a nice large basket.  I always see tons of them at Garage sales all shapes and sizes.

A gift certificate to an Italian resturant for 2.  A nice bottle of Wine,  Bread Sticks,  Pkg of Spagetti,  a Good jar of sauce,  jars of stuffed olives, peppers and other goodies.

A box of Italian cookies you can get an any nice Italian Deli.  A checkard table cloth and napkins.  The Deli's are a great place to pick up Italian items.  Oh and a nice large head of Garlic or 2.  I would have a ball fixing up one of these.  Good Luck Mary.

Cassie  :)

False

Barbara Anne

Mary I forgot something, 2 or 4 nice wine glasse would be also a nice added touch.

Cassie  :)

False

Barbara Anne

Cassiebabe_Calif
    I saw a great  ITALIAN theme basket

Cassie - how funny is that - because that is one of the ideas that was thrown around today - a guy in our dept. who is of Italian descent wanted to call it "The Godfather of All Baskets" - too funny! 

Thanks for all the ideas.  I'm taking them to our meeting on Friday.

False