How closely does Amtrak inspect your luggage? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

How closely does Amtrak inspect your luggage?

Last post Jun 24, 2010 10:25 AM by mollyg . 15 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 12
  • Re: How closely does Amtrak inspect your luggage?

I haven't been on Amtrak since 9/11, but my bags have never been inspected that I remember.

False

I was just on Amtrak last week.  (horrible experience but thats a different story) They did not check any ones bags that I could see.  They have notices that they use dogs to detect stuff.  Never saw a dog around either.  Now we did not "check" any bags either.  Just had a carry on.  

False
    Witty Whitney!

Summer.... check with Molly she and Mr Molly just traveled cross country via Amtrack!!!  she will be able to help you

False

Old age ain't no place for sissies . -Bette Davis-

Well we got on in Chicago at Union Station and trust me, no one checked bags!!!!!

As for the horrible experience, crowded and DIRTY and RUDE people-travelers and Amtrak conductors alike!  On our return trip home, my DS and I couldnt even sit together (even though we had reserved seating but not assigned) and NO ONE would help!

False
    Witty Whitney!

Oh and both times our train was LATE!  The return trip home, the train was almost 2 hrs late and no explanation given.  The poor woman who I sat next to was stressing because she had to make another train! 

False
    Witty Whitney!

Traveled to Denver & back  last year . No one checked any of our bags that is why we go by train.Course they may have changed things. Love going by train. We get a sleeping car.

False

Summer... I emailed Molly to let her know you were looking for her!!!!

False

Old age ain't no place for sissies . -Bette Davis-

Summer74
    they've been inspecting randomly along the Northeast Corridor for awhile.

Yup. For years, actually. I know several people that were on the train when state police and federal marshalls got on. They walked up and down the aisles, had some people open bags and asked to see I.D. They are usually looking for drug mules.

False

"She was not what you would call refined. She was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot."

Mark Twain

Hi guys!

We just got back...had a busy day.

Amtrak does not check your bags...you will not have a problem.  Have fun, sit back and relax.

Molly

False

Amtrak is notorious for running late, however, we where on five different trains with no problems!

Summer74
    I'll tell 'em Mollyg sent me!   Wink  Cool

I'm sure they would say " Who in the #&%* is Molly?" LOLWink

Have a great time!  Who is getting the herbs?  I'm just pea green with envy!

Molly

False