Dump cake using lemon cake mix? What filling? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Dump cake using lemon cake mix? What filling?

Last post Jun 30, 2010 6:07 PM by Catmint_WV_49F . 12 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
  • Dump cake using lemon cake mix? What filling?

I have a box of lemon cake mix that I need to use. I was looking at the dump cake recipes. What pie filling would be good with Lemon cake mix,and crushed pineapple?   Cherry? Blueberry?  Well, not much left, is there. LOL Anyway, how would it work out, you think?

False

catmint

• Re: Dump cake using lemon cake mix? What filling?

I made it with cherry filling.  It was really good.

False

Hi Catmint:  I love dump cake!  My favorite is with fresh blueberries, not the pie filling.  Hmm, with lemon cake mix, I'm not sure - but fresh blueberries is always good!

False

June, did you make a filling with your blueberries? Or just pour them in?

False

catmint

Thanks Baker!

False

catmint

Also, what kind of pan do you use? I only have glass square cake pans, no round , forget what they are called, kind.

False

catmint

Catmint,  I used a glass 9 x 13 pan.   When using fresh berries, I made a filling out of them, first.  Hope this helps you.

False

It does, Baker, Thanks!

False

catmint

Sorry Catmint, I've been out in the garden.  Taking a water break now.  You just dump them in.  I have 4 different dump cake recipes, but this one is my very favorite.  Dump a large can of undrained crushed pineapple (not chunks; I made that mistake before) in an ungreased 9 x 13 pan.  Toss in  2 1/2 - 3 cups of fresh (or frozen) blueberries.  Sprinkle 3/4 cup sugar over this.  Sprinkle 1 box dry butter recipe cake mix over this.  Sprinkle 1/4 cup sugar next, then toss in 1/2 cup very finely chopped pecans or walnuts, if desired,  Pour 1 stick of melted oleo or butter over the top.  Do not stir.  Bake 350 degrees about 45 minutes. 

False

Thanks June. Our Wamart did have blueberries on sale , I got one pint. But, have put most in my cereal. lol   I'll check to see if they have any now on sale.

False

catmint

Do you ever freeze them when they are on sale?  I like to do that.  That's the only time I'll buy them.  I'll buy 3 or 4 little containers and freeze them all in a gallon ziplock bag, then just scoop out what I need for pancakes, muffins... or dump cake.  Big Smile

False
    If you had a can of Cream Cheese Frosting, It makes a GREAT Crawling Cake! I made one for my DS's combo Bday and Graduation cake, and he said it was very good.
    False

I've never heard of that cake, either, Debbie. Those are interesting. I don't have a bundt cake pan, though. But, I think I'd like to make that.

False

catmint