anyone remember colored facial tissues?? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

anyone remember colored facial tissues??

Last post Aug 10, 2010 12:53 AM by sissel . 22 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 12
  • anyone remember colored facial tissues??

I was just going thru an old purse I hadn't used for a long time & found some pink Kleenex.  Haven't seen pastel colors in years?  I remember when I used to make carnations out of it - pinked the edges & pulled the layers apart for the petals....anyone else remember that?

False
  • Re: anyone remember colored facial tissues??

Sure do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really liked them too!!!!

False

I remember that Scotties made a box that had assorted pastels: pink, blue, yellow, green, etc. .  We made flowers to decorate cars with prior to our wedding in 1978.  Seems like the colors were around even in the 1990's.  Can't remember when they went away. 

False

when did they stop making colored TP too?
    False

Old age ain't no place for sissies . -Bette Davis-

Kleenex makes tan, blue and green tissues.  Just saw them at Walmart Thursday night.   I do remember colored TP as well. 

False

I remember the flowers too! We decorated our school floats with those and balloons. They were always sharp looking and pretty cheap to put together.

False
    All things are possible but trust God for the best for you. -Karen Y.

I know that Charmin still came in colors until at least the late '80s, as I *had to* buy pink for DD and green for DS. LOL I've had colored tissues since then, but I can't remember the last time I bought anything but white. I decided the color and design on the box was more important than the color of the tissues themselves.

False

Dog  I too remember making tissue carnations!!  Yep some boxes had assorted colors.  We got really creative with ours & "tipped" white tissues with colored lipsticks....  sometimes we even spritzed them with perfume!!

Colored toidy paper was a no-no at our house...  we were told it did not break down very well in the septic tank.

False

Aurora TP used to have one layer colored and one layer white.  It might have been scented too. 

False

I remember one time we made leis (sp) out of the kleenex carnations for a school program - hula dance.

False

I wonder if, with the interest in the environment, most of the colored tissues have gone by the wayside.  I dont know what they use(d) for the dye, but that might be a factor.  And as an earlier poster said, the colorful box is more important than the actual tissue being colored. 

False

I have a box of pink tissues right now.

False

The secret of happiness is not in doing what one likes, but in liking what one has to do. ~Barrie

Math is fun!

Click for Soldotna, Alaska Forecast

I have a box of green tissue in my bathroom.

I think there were several reason that they quit making colored TP. Dr's said it may cause skin irritation or rashes. It is not good for the enviroment. It costs more to make. Does not break down as well in septic systems.

I loved matching it to the colors in my bathroom.

False