? re: vaseline-Vit. E lotion-baby lotion | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

? re: vaseline-Vit. E lotion-baby lotion

Last post Aug 14, 2010 7:56 PM by Adria_NyxxTX . 8 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
  • ? re: vaseline-Vit. E lotion-baby lotion

Once you combine them, any tips on bottling it?  I have the empty vit. E & baby lotion plastic bottles & I'd like to refill them but it's too thick to pour in the small  opening.  How do you store yours?  I'd like to divide it up & my DIL wants some.  She said it works great & since she works in a dental office, she's always washing her hands.  I don't want to pour it into glass jars since she has 3 kids & the oldest is 4.  Hate to have 1 of the kids grab the jar & have broken glass all over.  I didn't empty the vaseline container because I didn't need the whole jar.....otherwise that would be a nice wide-mouth, plastic container.  Thanks for any help.

False
  • Re: ? re: vaseline-Vit. E lotion-baby lotion

I have mine in small "disposable" Rubbermaid containers with a screw-on lid.

False

Thanks - that's a good idea.  I've stuck a funnel in the baby lotion bottle & tried to get it down - not easy....I have lotion on my glasses, kitchen cabinets, counters....bit messy.  I've tried poking it down the funnel....slamming it on the counter (that's where I splattered all over).....the vaseline container would be perfect if it wasn't half full of vaseline.  Think I have 1 screw-on lid Rubbermaid container. 

False

I filled up my 1 screw top disposable container.  Then DH came home from breakfast w/former co-workers (he retired 7/16)....he left  at 8 am.....came back at 2:30 pm....leasure breakfast!  And, when he saw my trying to get the funnel empty....he took over.  If you fill the funnel & gently squeeze the now empty plastic original bottle, a vacuum is created....the suction will pull the lotion down into the bottle :-)  Too bad he didn't come home earlier....I had to clean off the bottom of my high shelf that is over the top cabinets.

False

Lynn, I found some plastic containers today that has a twist top to them. They're made by Ball and were with the Ball canning supplies. I found them at a Kroger store. The price were $2.20 for 5 containers. I think they're the perfect size to give to friends and family.
    I always have plenty left after making the lotion.
    I use 16 ounces of the vitamin e, 15 ounces vaseline and baby lotion.

Everyone that I gave the lotion to loved it. I tell them that they only need to use a small amount on their hands. One friend told me she lathers it all over her body.

False

Put On A Happy Face

Homesweethome....I'll have to look for the twist top plastic Ball containers....they sound like a good idea.  Think the recipe I followed used 2 bottles of the lotions & half as much vaseline?  Sounds like yours has more vaseline.  And, the lotions are no longer 16 oz.  The baby lotion was 15 oz. but the vit. E was larger & the vaseline was 13 oz.  So, if I halved my vaseline....I've got about 6.5 oz.  in mine.  The suction from squeezing the almost empty lotion bottles worked pretty good but I still have some left....had 1 screw-top 1 cup size & then just a snap-on lid for the other zip-lock 1 cup size.  Both my DIL's have jobs where they wash their hands a lot - one works as a dental hygenist & the other is an artist for a museum...so both complain of dry, cracked hands. 

False

Lynn, I thought that the containers were nice.

The 16 ounce jar of  Vtamin E cream I buy at the Family Dollar store. It cost $1.75. I bought the Kroger brand of vaseline and baby lotion this time around.. I read that some people prefer to use a small jar of  vaseline. I’ve been making it with a large jar so I thought I just stick with making it that way.

Yes this lotion does wonders for dry crack hands. No other hand cream works for me as well as this one does.  

False

Put On A Happy Face

I fill up baggies and snip off the corner and squirt it into the bottle I want it in.

False

I'm not psycho.....I just like psychotic things.

Adria's World

Oh, and I've got a bottle of vanilla-oatmeal scented baby lotion for the next time I make it. Smells wonderful. Last time I used the shea-cocoa butter scent...MMMmmmmmm

False

I'm not psycho.....I just like psychotic things.

Adria's World