What is the point of Thongs? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

What is the point of Thongs?

Last post Oct 04, 2010 2:12 AM by sissel . 32 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 3 (33 items) 123
  • What is the point of Thongs?

whithout soundling like a crotchety old woman, but what is the point of them?  I have seen some horrible sights walking behind people..yes..white linen trousers will show your black/beigey/red thongs..especially if they are pulled up high and tight!  and when bending down...and they ride up over the waist of your trousers..displaying...stretch marks...and yes they do look lovely on slim and young models....but I cannot wear them..cannot even be bothered to get used to them, I think they irritate....I'd rather have a VPL...

False
  • Re: What is the point of Thongs?

I don't know!  I sometimes will wear them, but I certainly don't want you to see them!  But when I do wear them, I often wonder why I even bother.

False

Yes,  I would like to know also.  I asked DD as this is all she wears,  she simply says COMFORT !!! plus it makes her look better in her pants and jeans.    I guess thats ok if you wear a size 4 or 6 like she does.    Wouldn't work for me in a 14,  I have a JIGGLE !

I was folding clothes one day at her house while watching JB.  Geez,  Jellybeans undies were bigger than her moms.  LOL

Cassie

False

Barbara Anne

Thought you might be talking about the flip-flop variety.

Think I'll leave this thread now. Embarrassed

False

Erik Bergstrom

Fanny Floss!

False

Community Manager

Taste of Home Magazine

Feel free to contact me if you have questions or concerns with the Taste of Home website or community.

PM me here, find me on Facebook or email me sstetzel.toh@gmail.com

Proudly serving as a Taste of Home Field Editor since 2009.Big Smile

ErikB
    Thought you might be talking about the flip-flop variety

Oh that reminds me of the time we were camping with our friends.  We were just hiking up a steep hill to get to another campsite, and my friend was wearing flip flops.  Flip flops did not work well on that steep hill, and my DH scarcastically says to her "nice thongs"  Well, he MEANT flip flops, but he remembers them being called thongs.  My goodness, my friend was utterly embarrased thinking he was talking about her underwear!!

False

so you can feel that behind wedgie I guess..Surprise

False

It's not how you start, it's how you end....so end strong!!

Walk yourself strong!!

No VPL (visable panty line)???

I don't have a clue, so the above is only a guess.

False

DO NOT REGRET GROWING OLDER.

IT'S A PRIVILEGE DENIED TO MANY.

OH! The right dress, the right s e x y outfit and then if you don't want to go comando, a thong adds the right touch to make everything just right. Use your imagination if you don't know. But the reality is just something right.Smile

I love wearing them at times. They are more comfortable then some other underwear that is out there on the market. JMO!

Like they say each there own preference.

Now Eric....men were thongs too.

Though they have to be the right hunk of a man to look good and feel good in one.

False

Driving home today DH and I were talking about hanging clothes outside. I was telling him when I lived in town I liked to hide my undies behind clothes so the neighbors wouldn't see my undies. He said were they big whites or thong. Ha ha I laughed. Told him wearing a thong would be like wearing a piece of string up my hinder.  He can't understand them either.  Especially after we had a girl wait on us and she bent over and he saw her crack. He about tossed his cookies. 

I remember calling flip flops thongs too. Sometimes I forget and strill call them that. 

False

Mirabelle____UK

whithout soundling like a crotchety old woman, but what is the point of them? 

Trust me, wearing them makes you even more crotchety (and you couldn't have chosen a better word).  I think my sister-in-law wears them so she can bend over and show the whale tale while simultaneously showing off the gecko tramp stamp on her 50 year-old rump. Other than that, I have no idea why anyone would want to wear something that you may need tweezers to find at the end of the day.

False
    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

oh crabby...you are SO funny

False

It's not how you start, it's how you end....so end strong!!

Walk yourself strong!!

You guys make me laugh.  Reminds me of something that happened years ago.  My youngest daughter was in college and had come home for the weekend, and of course brought lots of laundry.  My husband helped with it - yes I know it is odd - he also waxes the kitchen floor.  Anyway he did a load of her stuff and was hanging out on the line and he turned to mortified and said "I shrunk all of her underwear"   I took pity on him and told him that I would take care of it.  He never mentioned it again, and neither did I.

Janet

False

sstetzel

Fanny Floss!

LOL!!  That is what I call them.

False
    Basically they were originally worn for "no panty lines" showing under form fitting garments. Now it just became a fad amongst the younger crew. I must admit I did wear them under my leather pants. Quite comfortable actually but I would not wear them regularly. When you consider putting on your underwear than panty hose rather a lot of material so what better than a thong. Alone they are rather chilly in winter no matter what you are wearing.
    False