Cookie Ideas for Harvest Festival? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Cookie Ideas for Harvest Festival?

Last post Oct 02, 2010 10:27 PM by JenniHusker . 10 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
  • Cookie Ideas for Harvest Festival?

The folks in my church have an annual "Harvest Festival" Carnival each year.  Besides the game booths where the kidlets and young adults win lots of candy and small toys, we serve cups of chili, cider, hot chocolate, and nachos.  As my contribution, I would like to give away cookies.  I am thinking simple and sturdy, "cookie jar favorite"-types that appeal to most everyone.  I have already decided on molasses-spice cookies and perhaps snickerdoodles.  I'd like to offer one more, such as monster cookies with M&Ms but no peanuts or PB.  What do you think?  Any suggestions are appreciated!  Thanks in advance!

Sky 

False
  • Re: Cookie Ideas for Harvest Festival?

When I think of fall harvest, some of the cookies that come to mind are

Cranberry Walnut with White Chocolate

Pumpkin Spice Cookies

Applesauce Cookies

Cut outs using fall cookie cutters

Gingerbread Cookies

False

MarthaStewar.com has a "cookie of the day"...lots of good recipes there.

False

Most everyone wants a chocolate chip cookie. They are three to one most peoples favorite and looked for to be bought.

Pumpkin cookies, http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/iced-pumpkin-cookies/Detail.aspx

apple chunk cookies,or applesauce butterscotch cookies  http://allrecipes.com/Search/Recipes.aspx?WithTerm=apple%20cookies

cake mix cookies-- in different flavors,

Cake mix cookies

1 cake mix

1/3 cup oil

1/3 cup water

1/2 cup fluor

2 eggs

Beat together all ingredients and drop on baking sheet and bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Remove from baking sheet and cool. Great to eat, great to freeze.

Remember it's a cake batter cookie so it can mold if left out for to long. I enjoy freezing them.

I like to use the following cake mixes to spice up my cookies.

Spice cake

Carrot cake

Strawberry cake

Pineapple

Chocolate

I have added nuts, baking chips, and coconut to my batter. Just decide how much you want to add. But I make them plain too. Great to have a variety of cookies quick and handy to freeze and pull out to use later for a gathering.

walnut cookies, http://allrecipes.com/Search/Recipes.aspx?WithTerm=walnut%20cookies

are a few that come to my mind.

OH! When you make the snicker doodle...make them plan then dust them with flavored dry jello. makes them Grand when baked.

False

2bmwmom

When I think of fall harvest, some of the cookies that come to mind are

Pumpkin Spice Cookies

Applesauce Cookies

Cut outs using fall cookie cutters

Gingerbread Cookies

LOL!!!  We must have been seperated at birth.  Your list matches what I was going to list.   Great minds think alike!  Wink

False

Cranberry walnut with white chocolate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW Hope you'll share your recipe?

False

dreyfuss

Cranberry walnut with white chocolate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW Hope you'll share your recipe?

Prep Time: 10 mins

Total Time: 22 mins

1. 1 Preheat oven to 350°.
    2. 2 Mix dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, spices); set aside.
    3. 3 Cream wet ingredients (butter, sugars, eggs, vanilla) with a mixer until light and fluffy.
    4. 4 Stir the flour mixture into the creamed mixture and mix for 3 minutes.
    5. 5 Add the oats, chips, cranberries & walnuts; stir to incorporate.
    6. 6 Form 2 inch sized balls.
    7. 7 Drop 2-inches apart onto baking sheet sprayed with nonstick spray.
    8. 8 Bake 11-13 minutes (on center rack), until golden, but still moist beneath cracks on top.
    9. 9 Remove from oven; let cookies sit on baking sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.

False

Iced and decorated fall leaves are always tastey...you can see them in the cake show post.

False

I'm not psycho.....I just like psychotic things.

Adria's World

dreyfuss

• 3 cups all purpose flour
    • 1 teaspoon baking soda
    • 3/4 teaspoon salt
    • 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
    • 1 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
    • 3/4 cup sugar
    • 2 large eggs
    • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
    • 1 1/2 cups dried cranberries (about 6 ounces)
    • 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips (about 8 1/2 ounces)
    • 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts (I toast them first, either in the oven or dry in a pan)

Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 large rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper. Sift first 3 ingredients into medium bowl. Using electric mixer, beat butter in large bowl until fluffy. Add both sugars and beat until blended. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, then vanilla. Add dry ingredients and beat just until blended. Using spatula, stir in cranberries, white chocolate chips, and nuts.

For large cookies, drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls onto prepared sheets, spacing 21/2 inches apart. For small cookies, drop dough by level tablespoonfuls onto sheets, spacing 11/2 inches apart.

Bake cookies until just golden, about 18 minutes for large cookies and about 15 minutes for small cookies. Cool on sheets.

False

Thank you oh so much.......Can't wait to make these!!!!!!!!!!!!

*smiley face here*

False

This recipe is right up my alley!! Thanks for posting it.

False