Do you send out Christmas cards? How early do you send them? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Do you send out Christmas cards? How early do you send them?

Last post Nov 05, 2010 11:19 PM by fryer_mi . 15 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 12
  • Do you send out Christmas cards? How early do you send them?

I use to send out Christmas cards and have them out in the mail the day after Thanksgiving.  

False
  • Re: Do you send out Christmas cards? How early do you send them?
    I always send mine out the first week in December.  I have a friend who insists on being the first one to send out cards and last yr I got her card BEFORE Thanksgiving!!!!!
    False
    Witty Whitney!

Yes I send out many. Last year I was going to cut back, and decided nope can't do it. I have them ready to mail the first week of December.

False

No we no longer send out cards.  We have decided to use the phone instead and actually talk to those we want to WISH greetings too...and so many where those we actually saw at the Holidays.  That $ is now given to a Salvation Army Kettle.

False

I have tried in past - even get envelopes addressed and never got them out for many years because work was too consuming.

But now I am not working. My cards are done and will go out December 1st.

I love getting Christmas cards.

False

I used to send out quite a few, but every year I cut back. This year I"ll just send card to my family that I won't see this year at Christmas. It's getting so costly. My long distance is free so I will call quite a few people and wish them a Merry Christmas. 

False

http://mammascookin.blogspot.com/

I love to send Christmas cards out.  And the ones I get are always a cherished part of my Christmas decorating each year. 

Always write mine up Thanksgiving weekend.  I do them in small batches, so I can write a small personal message to each recipient--not a fan of the mass-produced family newsletter.  Then I set them aside until I recieve my first card, then I mail those that go a distance.  I prefer to hand deliver those that go to folks nearby, so we get a chance to visit a bit.

False

We send out invitations to our Christmas party the Sunday prior to Thanksgiving - the party is always the second Saturday in December.  My Christmas cards often do not get done until after the party - but usually by December 15th.  I would prefer to have them out Dec. 1st...but it doesn't always work out that way.  I send a lot of cards.

False

How to keep Gingerbread men from running away?  Eat them.

I send out Christmas cards the first week of December. I love getting Chrstmas cards too. I save them. Does anyone else save them or do you throw them away when Christmas is over?
    False

Yes I send them.  But each year I get fewer responses.  I have pared my list down to about 20.  I feel if I stop altogether, I would lose track of those with whom our only contact is at Christmas.  Phone calls are expensive and I don't know some of these people's phone numbers and it is mainly because we all move and fail to update everyone about our new phone numbers.  I get my cards out about 2 weeks before the holiday.  I take a lot of time selecting the cards.

False

I send out very few cards now.  Posage is so high, and I only send to a very few relatives that I don't see on a regular basis.  And, if I don't get a card from someone they go off my list the next year.

False

1st week of Dec. I have a label maker makes it so much easier than writing the addresses out by hand. I write inside the card a personal message. Just a little note now. Takes me a few days cause my hand cramps up. Hate getting old. DH's family is in their mid 80's and they don't send cards anymore but they love to recieve them. I do try to cut down. I love sending cards birthday, get well or just thinking of you. I think people like to recieve them. It's nice to get mail and someone to take time to send them.

False

I send Christmas cards, usually all out by the 13th of December.   Sending Christmas cards is a gift I give to me --- it is such a joy to write a personal note in each and every one --- something special I have to say to that person or family.

False

"Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself."

I always send them and I make my own. If I don't get them mailed early people call and say things like, "my piano is lonesome for your card." My cards are made with love and sent to those that mean so much. I wish everyone a wonderful holiday season.

False