How long does fudge last? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

How long does fudge last?

Last post Nov 18, 2010 12:19 PM by Debbie_BayVillage . 9 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
  • How long does fudge last?

I've been thinking of making some fudge for Christmas present this year.  I must be honest and tell you that I haven't made fudge in about 20 years, so I don't rememberhow long it stays good ( as long as it isn't gobbled up)?

A freind gave me a great recipe, only 3 ingredients and it's made in the moicrowave.  She made some and it was very good!  So, I thnk that's what I'll make.

False
  • Re: How long does fudge last?

It may vary....my mom used to make fudge & it was stored in the refrigerator & didn't last long.  DH's aunt used to make it & would give it away at the holidays....pretty sure she'd make it right before giving it away.  It also probably depends on where it's stored.  I'd go to google, bing or ask.com  & ask the question. 

False
    I have frozen mine. Wrap real tight, wax paper, or plastic, wrap that tight in foil.
    False

I usually make mine the first week in dec and then I put it in a airtight container in our garage and have never had any problems with it at all.  Big Smile

False

horseymom
    only 3 ingredients and it's made in the moicrowave

Is that the Eagle brand milk and chocolate chips recipe?  It's good but it's not real fudge and it doesn't keep long outside the refrigerator.  Real fudge will keep for several weeks at least if it's wrapped tightly and stored in an air-tight container.  I'd make the 3-ingredient stuff to serve to my guests in a candy dish or on a cookie tray.

False

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Ben Franklin

The fudge made from Kraft marshmallow creme is real fudge, and very good.  It can be made ahead and frozen, as someone suggested.  The recipe is on the marshmallow creme jar.

False

In my house,  about 20 minutes.   Big Smile  

False

photo 394c3cfc-b346-432f-9237-818feb5c030c_zpsb115894a.jpg

Our companion and great friend,  Rula. 

LOL twenty minutes. I also use the marshmallow fudge which is out of this world. Freezes for months if ya need to.

False

Debbie_BayVillage
    Is that the Eagle brand milk and chocolate chips recipe? 

Debbie, yes I think it is.  It is 1 bag choc chips, 1/2 bag butterscotch chips and 1 can sweetened condensed milk.   Why is that not considered to be real fudge?   Is it the marshmallows that make it last longer?

Thanks for your input!!!!  Have a great day!

False

Because it's not cooked to a specific temperature or "stage" like fudge is.  It's melted together - more like chocolate ganache or frosting than candy.  Just saying I don't think you want to make a batch of that and ship it - it won't hold up!

False

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Ben Franklin