What To Get A 12 Year Old Boy For Christmas??? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

What To Get A 12 Year Old Boy For Christmas???

Last post Dec 03, 2010 11:39 AM by KMcd . 15 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 12
  • What To Get A 12 Year Old Boy For Christmas???

I have my nephew left to get his present but I don't have a clue what do get a young man for Christmas. I know I can get a gift card or give money but I would rather get him a gift. He always tells me I give him the best gifts but this year I am blank.

Thanks for your suggestions!!!!

Patty

False
  • Re: What To Get A 12 Year Old Boy For Christmas???

Does he like Wii or PlayStation games? A dvd? A good book?  Instead of wracking my brain, I simply ask their parents what their interests are.

False

I would have him make a list of things he would like to receive for Christmas, then choose acording to how much you intend to spend.

False

Chances are great that he has an iPod or something similar.  I would most definitely get him an iTunes gift card.  I don't know of any teen (close enough!) that couldn't use that!  You can get them anywhere and everywhere.  All the major stores have them, as do grocery store gift card centers.  An average album costs about 15.00 on iTunes.  You can also download movies, games, individual songs, etc.  I don't know what your planning on spending, but they come in preloaded amounts.  You should be able to find one close to your budget.

False

Photobucket

I have an almost 13 year old grandson. Here's a few of the things I have bought him for his birthday and Christmas

Gift card to Game Stop

Hoodies (American Eagle or Hollister)

Dog tag necklace on a leather type "chain"

iTunes gift card

Razor scooter

Naruto books

Fuzzy pillows for his room

Game chair

Monogramed fleece blanket

Quesadilla maker (He makes his own after school snacks)

Hope this helps a bit..

False

Thank you for your suggestions everyone, right now he is living with his grandparents because his parents are divorced & a bad family life so I like to get him something special. You are right Deb, I should ask his grandmother but then she would be too practical.

Patty

False

007, thank you, that does help!

False

Just remembered the

Tent

Head lamp (Like the miners use)

Skate board

Cross and chain (If of the Christian faith)

Personalized bible for pre teens

Chicken Soup series for kids

Key board

In line skates

False

A gift card to Game Stop or Best Buy.......My 12 year old grandson loves nice t-shirts in his favorite sport team.......

And that age loves hooded sweatshirts.....Hoodies   Something new to wear to school.....They come in nice designs at Kohl's.....I get him mens medium and he is 12, but a tall 12.

False

Does he like to draw?  My 10 year old Grandson likes to draw so I have given him the felt tip markers(thick & thin) & art paper before.  He hunts with his Dad so DH & I gave him camo clothing for Christmas last year.  What about a cool pair of sneaks?  They love all that name brand stuff, & hoodies are good bet like others have suggested.  Does he like to read?  What about a Kindle?  Does he like science?  I got a microscope when I was his age & I LOVED looking at amoebas, prameciums, vorticellas, ect. in pond water.  An ant farm?  LOL!  Hope this helps!  ~Jeanne

False

Bumping for Patty!Big Smile

False

Thank you everyone, I really appreciate you suggestions, I only get to see these kids about once a year because I won't drive to Houston by myself.   Sad  It is good to see what you all get your kids & grands. Hoodies sound like a good choice & so do the other ideas. We are going shopping again tomorrow so I hope to find something that I like for Chris.

Hi Jeanne!

Patty

False

Hi Patty,

I have 2 sons and asked them, one 12 the other 14.

First i got a grunt :depends".

LOL, Then they realized I was serious.

Naruto books are a huge hit. If this boy likes comics.  They come in a seies so get more than one.  ipod thingys , My sons both love movie gft cards, on days off from school they can call their buddies and go to the movies, that is always a hit.

Hoodies is another one. The brands that are "cool" here are aero?? Old Navy tm. And ones that look like storm troopers from Star Wars. LOL, goofey but true.

Game stop gift cards. 

And my 12 yo, said,

" I would give him a scetch book, a nice set of pencils and a sharpener and make it personal "From me to you, I hope you will share this with me, that is a gift".

Out of the mouths of babes...

Even if once a year in person, or snail mail, this may be a wonderful thing.

IMO

Dar

False

darcamani,

Lots of the kids around here are wearing a necklace called a Phiten.  These are frequently worn by Major League Baseball Players.  Supposed to help your muscles recover faster or something.  They come in all different colors and are about $25.  They are all the rage - especially with the kids who are into sports.

False
    My sons love eBay gift cards.
    False