Popular Male Teen Fragrance | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Popular Male Teen Fragrance

Last post Dec 10, 2010 11:30 PM by budz mom . 15 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 12
  • Popular Male Teen Fragrance

I need a Christmas gift for my 16 year old grandson.  I was thinking of cologne.  Does anyone know what fragrances the teenagers like?

False
  • Re: Popular Male Teen Fragrance

Axe

deodorant

False

The scent of  a teenage girl.

Sorry about that,  but thats all I could come up with.

joe

False
    Never take a sleeping pill and a laxative at the same time.

My boy's only wear Jake by Hollister.

However - it's not cheap cologne & can only be purchased at Hollister.  At least it smells good though!

False

Community Manager

Taste of Home Magazine

Feel free to contact me if you have questions or concerns with the Taste of Home website or community.

PM me here, find me on Facebook or email me sstetzel.toh@gmail.com

Proudly serving as a Taste of Home Field Editor since 2009.Big Smile

Gift  Both my teen Grandsons like Axe...  can get it in really neat gift sets this time of year.

False

Axe does seem to be the most popular (although I think it reeks worse that sweat).  Abercrombie and Fitch also have one which is popular.

If you are picking one out in the store (smelling to find one you think is nice), aim for something a bit spicy and citrusy.  Those seem to be the current trends for young men.

For myself, the only cologne I ever liked on a man is Jovan Musk for Men.  But it's way way out of fashion these days!

False

A lot of this is folk memories and cultural hangovers.

My teenage DS said Axe.  I know they have different scents of Axe too.  

False
    Witty Whitney!

Axe, Hollister, and I think Areopostle might sell one too are quite popular with the teenagers. I can't stand the smell of any of them. You can definately tell which one the teenagers have on. A little goes a long way. But it smells like they have bathed in it.  You can definately smell them before they have hit the room, if they put any of them on. 

False
    Just a comment. Most boys tend to use a little more colonge than they need and axe is strong. When I pass someone in the mall with Axe on....I have an instant migraine.
    False

My DS did and still does love Grey Flannel... it is very nice!!
    False

Old age ain't no place for sissies . -Bette Davis-

I think scents are very personal.  I would never try to pick one out for anyone--male or female. 

And--16 year olds have their own way of looking at the world--are you absolutely certain that this is a good idea?  he may think you're trying to say he smells?  Teens are so sure they know everything about life, but when it comes to their self-image, most are extremely insecure.  You know him, we don't.  But unless you know he does wear cologne, and what brand he favors, I'd be really hesitant to give him a gift that might be destined to sit unused in the back of his drawer.  And the point about migraines is a good one--many people are sensitve to scents these days (getting migraines, respiratory or skin reactions), even if he isn't, others around him may be.

False

For a light, clean  citrus scent: the old fashioned "Brut". (that is what I sometimes use)

I also liked my late husbnd's favorite, the very old  "Old Spice" (they had good looking sailors in their commercials many, many moons ago) .

Too many new men's colognes make a guy reek like he spent a month in a French house of ill repute. Too many men also use TOO MUCH of a good thing.

False

As a mother of three boys, two of them being teenagers, I would not buy axe. It is known for giving mothers really bad headaches. Wink

False

Bath & Body has a line of men's colognes and body sprays.  My son likes the body spray called "Ocean", and actually, I like it too.

False

I often work at the high school and believe me it is AXE all the way. You can buy the soap and deoderant to go with it. 

However, if you think he would like something differant than check out Macy's and see what they have that is really earthy. 

False