Sad news in our morning paper about Bunnyboo. | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Sad news in our morning paper about Bunnyboo.

Last post Dec 21, 2010 2:16 AM by ScottsGrace . 64 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 5 (65 items) 12345
  • Sad news in our morning paper about Bunnyboo.

Helen M. Wiltsie

Sterling resident Helen M. "Bunny" Wiltsie died Friday, Dec. 10, 2010, at her home near Sterling. She was 66.

At her request, no services are planned.

She was born Apr. 2, 1944, in Philadelphia, Pa. She moved to Alaska in April, 1994 and was a homemaker and partner with her husband.

Mrs. Wiltsie enjoyed fishing and gardening with her husband. "When we had the chance to move to Alaska, it gave Helen overwhelming joy and happiness throughout the rest of her life. She was able to come to peace with her son's death by living and seeing Alaska's beauty with her own eyes, experiencing and living the place her son loved so much. Helen will be missed everyday of the rest of my life and I will always be thinking of you Bunny," her husband said.

Mrs. Wiltsie was preceded in death by her parents and her son, Eric Brandon.

She is survived by her husband John C. Wiltsie III, of Sterling; daughter, Alicia McGahan of Soldotna; several of her grandchildren; brother, Harry "Skip" Clark, of Philadelphia, Pa.; sister, Kathy Porter, of Lewis, Delaware; and numerous nieces and nephews.

Condolences may be sent to her husband at P.O. Box 1328, Sterling, AK 99672.

Arrangements were made by Peninsula Memorial Chapel.

False

The secret of happiness is not in doing what one likes, but in liking what one has to do. ~Barrie

Math is fun!

Click for Soldotna, Alaska Forecast

• Re: Sad news in our morning paper about Bunnyboo.

Oh No! I am so sorry to read this terrible news. Thank you for letting us know.

I will send her husband a note.  RIP Bunny.

False

May you never forget to remember what is worth remembering, nor ever remember what is best forgotten.                                                                                         

Sad This makes me sad.  She was such a sweetheart.  She sent me a message not long ago that said she wasn't well & had been in the hospital.

RIP Bunnyboo.

False

Community Manager

Taste of Home Magazine

Feel free to contact me if you have questions or concerns with the Taste of Home website or community.

PM me here, find me on Facebook or email me sstetzel.toh@gmail.com

Proudly serving as a Taste of Home Field Editor since 2009.Big Smile

Oh, I'm so sorry to read this, but thank you, AP, for letting us know.

I will miss Bunny.

False

So what?  Big deal.
    --Closing lines of Buckaroo Banzai Beyond the 8th Dimension, AND of my childhood mix tapes.

prayers for the family.....rest in peace bunnyboo!!!!  Wilted Flower

False

It's not how you start, it's how you end....so end strong!!

Walk yourself strong!!

Oh no---how sad!

I knew her COPD had been getting worse, poor Bunny.

RIP!!!!!!  You WILL be missed!

False

Such sad news...I'm truly sorry to her this!  She was such a sweet lady, very likeable and kind.  I always enjoyed her posts and replies.

Molly 

False

I'm so sorry. Thanks for letting us know.

False

I am so sorry to hear this ~ thanks for letting us all know.

False

Oh, I am so sorry to hear this too. What beautiful words, though.

False

catmint

Thanks for posting this. I was actualy thinking about her last night and wondering why I had not seen any posts from her in awhile.

May she RIP.

False

♀♀ = Love

♂♂ = Love

♀♂ = Love

A strong man stands up for himself, a stronger man stands up for others. -the movie Barnyard

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived!

Click for Milwaukee, Wisconsin Forecast

I talked with her just a couple weeks ago on the phone she wasn't well but I just thought she was going to Rally again... I am so sorry and will miss my friend..... AKP thank you for posting
    False

Old age ain't no place for sissies . -Bette Davis-

Hey AP, I haven't been on here for years, but I do remember Bunny, and that makes me very sad.  She was a very sweet lady and will be missed by many.

False

That's so sad. My prayers are with her family.

False

Very sorry to her of her passing. Thank you for posting.

False