Bath Salt DRUGS | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Bath Salt DRUGS

Last post Feb 09, 2011 10:25 PM by sissel . 14 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
  • Bath Salt DRUGS

It's not only meth,pot or cocaine.  now there is a new synthetic drug on the market.

It is sold in small packets marked Bath Salts and can be found in convenience stores, gas station, truck stops and of course, on the web and in the streets.

This stuff can be snorted or injected and is VERY DANGEROUS because it causes bad hallucinations and suicidal thoughts.

Many states are in the process of banning the "Bath Salts" with Idaho in the forefront.

I am afraid it will still be available on the web under different names. Makes you wonder what is next to bring this countryall the way to it's knees(we arehalfway there)  by the use of illegal and often legal drugs.And it is costing everyone who is not a user or dealer lots of $$$$.

False
  • Re: Bath Salt DRUGS
    The latest craze is smoking Salvia. And it's legal, too. It causes hallucinations and almost everybody has it as an annual in their gardens.
    False

When the tides of life are against you

And the current upsets your boat

Don't think of things that might have been

Just lay on your back and float

Ed Norton     1954

The Honeymooners

The bath salts has been in our local news for awhile and more recently all over the state as well.  And a few months ago there was big news about some kind of incense people were smoking as a drug as well, and it is legal and there's not much that can be done about it, it's sold at many gas stations and all the tobacco shops.  It's kind of scary the stuff people will do to get high, not knowing the dangers. 

False

Wow, Grelo, I did not know this.

They have just announced something illegal here, they got it at special sexy??? shops. lol  I don't rememer what it was. I think that the salvia was next to try to get illegal to buy.

False

catmint

It's worth noting that the "bath salts" in question are not the traditional mix of epsom salt, color and fragrance.  They are some new chemical concoction.

False

So what?  Big deal.
    --Closing lines of Buckaroo Banzai Beyond the 8th Dimension, AND of my childhood mix tapes.

Lady Fingers

It's worth noting that the "bath salts" in question are not the traditional mix of epsom salt, color and fragrance.  They are some new chemical concoction.

If you read my post: the first thing I mentioned was that these "Bath Salts" are a NEW SDYNTHETIC drug and are not real bath salts.

False

hadn't heard about that one....but I know "spice" is big here and getting lots of attention from the folks who make the rules here in AZ....and I believe they are going to outlaw it....

and sadly they outlaw one thing and something new comes along.....

False

It's not how you start, it's how you end....so end strong!!

Walk yourself strong!!

jetfan27
    The latest craze is smoking Salvia. And it's legal, too. It causes hallucinations and almost everybody has it as an annual in their gardens.

Salvia = Sage  (salvia officinalis), the common herb/spice you put into yo yur turkey stuffing or into pork sausage..

It is also known as: common sage, Garden sage, Dalmatian sage, Meadow sage, Scarlet sage, Spanish sage, True sage.

Caution, do not confuse this with Cleary sage, Boneset, Danshen, German Sarsparilla, Purple Looosestrife, Spearmint and wood sage.

People use this (in folk medicine) for:

Orally sage is used for loss of appetite, excessive persperation,dysmenorrhea, diarrhea, gastritis, galactorrhea, reduction of salive secretion and digestive problems including flatulence, bloating and dyspepsia.

Topically sage isused as a gargle for laryngitis, pharyngitis, gingivitis, glossitis, mior oral injuries and inflammation of the nasal mucosa.

AS an inhalent it is used forasthma,. In foods it is used as a culinary spice. Inmanufacturing it is used as a fragrance component in soaps and cosmetices.

SAFETY:  Likely safe whn used orally in the amounts found in food.

UNSAFE when used inamounts greater than normally found in foods or when used long term.Sage contains THUJONE constituent that can be toxic if enough isconsumed. UNSAFE whn uswd orally in the form of Sage OIL.

This is from the "Natural Medicines Comprehensive Data Base" most phramaies and hospitals have either in bookform or they prescribe to te website.

There is much more but my scanner burned out and I am not going to type the whole thing from the book.

Those crazy people who smoke the stuff will wind up costing the taxpayer for the rest of their lives. Just because a spice/ herb is legal does not mean it is harmless or good for if you abuse it.

False

I've never heard of such a thing, so will definitely have to go look this up.  Bath salts.  Who knew?

As to the salvia, it's salvia divinorum, also known as 'diviners sage' and is a member of the mint family. 

:(

False

Photobucket

Our local news did a story on these "bath salts" recently--the name mentioned was "White Lily" but they said there are others. 

Several people in our area had to be rushed to the ER after messing with this stuff.

Our news reporter went out looking for it to see how easy it was to get and she found it at the first convenience store that she went to.   And get this: the store clerk told her that she would really enjoy these salts and that she would be back!  Sounds as if he knew what he was selling.  Scary! 

Anyway, they are working on outlawing it.  Can't be too soon!

False

Oh, I was thinking it was the flower. Thanks!  Now will they take sage away from us?

False

catmint

Anyone selling this stuff should be avoided, maybe if they lose business, they wouldn't sell.

False

catmint

Catmint_WV_49F

Oh, I was thinking it was the flower. Thanks!  Now will they take sage away from us?

There are many varieties in the  sage/ mint family. The flowering type is not used as a spice/herb.

I don't know which variety they smoke now, it could be the flowering type and it could be the garden variety you find in the spice section  in he stores.

It relly doesn't matter because the seeds of the  varieties are available in seed catalogs and garden stores. 

Maybe ask the local cops what people are smoking, they can't even keep up with all the stuff people smoke, ingest, shoot, snort and inject. I think half the population is on something illegal/legal  and half of what is left is on mind altering prescription drugs. Not a good sign for this country.

False

The governor of our state has made it a crime.  There have been store owners, who after the law was passed, still sold it, and they were arrested.

False

You can put lace on a frog, but he's still gonna defecate on your porch. 

I have bath salts sitting on the edge of my tub and I use it for the bath. Never even thought about using it different until I see the news, sometimes I think the news can give the teens more ideas that they never thought of. Guess I will just have to use the bubble bath but watch they will find another use for that too.

False