what to serve with tacos | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

what to serve with tacos

Last post May 03, 2011 10:38 AM by cchell . 14 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
  • what to serve with tacos

We are hosting rehersal dinner for our son, planning on making it simple and informal and serving tacos.  Need suggestions for sides to go with the tacos.  This would be in addition to the normal toppings you would have for tacos.

False
  • Re: what to serve with tacos

The Mexican restaurants here always serve Mexican rice and refried beans with the tacos.  They also include shredded lettuce and chopped tomato in a little "salad" on the plate which goes very well with the picante food.

Lorraine

False

We always have rice on the side with tacos.  I also always end up making mine into sort of a taco salad because the stupid shell always cracks!  I often just have regualar tortillas instead of the shells as an option. Besides it is less messy that way!

False

spanish or mexican rice and refried beans....then maybe chips and salsa....

False

It's not how you start, it's how you end....so end strong!!

Walk yourself strong!!

Mexican sweet corn cake is a nice side dish too.

False

Margaritas, and all of the above. In addition to taco shells, use tostado shells, and flour tortillas, and don't forget the avocados. :-)

False

Fresh fruit. or maybe a coleslaw with cabbage, mayo, little chopped chipoltle in adobe sauce, cilantro, honey and squeeze of lime juice.

False
    Click for San Dimas, California Forecast

Black Beans,( best ever black beans from All recipes) Mexican rice (birdseye has a really good southwestern rice with peppers and corn it it) Quacamole, Salsa or 7 layer dip,  and you could have Churros,tres leches cake or cinammon crisps for dessert.

Linda

False

I usually serve corn with tacos. Some like to add it to the toppings, I prefer it on the side.  In place of margaritas, I serve limeade.

False

Some days, I can literally see the testosterone floating in the air around here. 

jennst

Mexican sweet corn cake is a nice side dish too.

For a quick and easy way, I just add chopped jalapeno pepper to Jiffy corn muffin mix.

False

Beer.  Just serve beer.

False

I don't often get asked to define irony, but when I do, I always say,

"Why, yes.  Yes, I AM a Field Editor for Taste of Home."

cast_iron_king

Beer.  Just serve beer.

YesYes

False

Old age ain't no place for sissies . -Bette Davis-

Everything sounds so good. Do you have a mexican rice recipe to share? Thank you.

False

I like the fruit cups you can buy at roadside stands in CA. Sliced jicama, cucumber, watermelon, mango and pineapple with lime juice squeezed over it all and topped with chili powder and salt. mmmmm...it's so refreshing. Just a thought. :)

False

Thanks for all the good ideas.  I like the just beer one too!!!

False