Do you go barefoot outside?? around the house?? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Do you go barefoot outside?? around the house??

Last post May 03, 2011 8:49 PM by 3MagnoliaTrees_LA_f_43 . 20 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 12
  • Do you go barefoot outside?? around the house??

I happen to think of a old saying along the line... that after May first one can go barefoot outside. But come Labor Day the shoes need to go back on the feet. You should feel the warmth in the ground in May time to plant certain garden things. But the chill in September means winter on it's way.

I enjoy going barefoot.... sometimes Hmm.  I can go outside barefoot and in the house. But I hate feeling the grit of somethings on my feet.

But this third May day is not warm enough to go barefoot. You can tell the ground is not warm yet. It feels more like Fall temperatures. Which means Spring is holding winters cold.

False
  • Re: Do you go barefoot outside?? around the house??

Even with Plantar Fasciitis, I'm almost always barefoot.  Which, I guess, shows that I hate shoes more than I mind the pain--LOL!

I go barefoot in the house year round.  We live outside of Philadelphia (don't know where you are), but have been outside barefoot for the past month.  It's not that cold.  I walk barefoot on sidewalk, in the street (hot blacktop is no match for my 'shoe leather feet', I'm afraid), on the grass, in the garden, even on my neighbor's cinderlined driveway.  My little next door neighbor is always laughing at me for being barefoot.

False
    In the house I'm either barefoot or wearing socks if my feet are cold. Outside I have to have on some kind of shoe. My feet just can't take the rocks and stuff anymore like they used to!
    False

Going barefoot outside is risky with spruce tree needles around.  Ouchie!  Those trees are part of our northerly windbreak so stay they will.  Not too fond of ants crawling around on barefeet either...plenty of red, brown, & black ones around & about.

Inside, I'll sometimes go barefoot on hot days. 

False

Barefoot inside always, or socks if cold.  Outside, always wear something on my feet -- I don't want to track outside dirt, inside.  We are a take your shoes off at the door kind of family.  Smile

False

♀♀ = Love

♂♂ = Love

♀♂ = Love

A strong man stands up for himself, a stronger man stands up for others. -the movie Barnyard

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived!

Click for Milwaukee, Wisconsin Forecast

In New York I used to go barefoot all the time. But Florida has sand spurs, ants, and we have sweet gum trees that have spiney pods they drop-- OUCH! And we seem to have the dirtiest dirt. No, it's shoes outside and taken off at the door inside.
    False

I've heard it quoted as being a(n unofficial) Boy Scout chant: 

Hooray, hooray, the first of May,
    Barefoot f***ing begins today!

I'm generally barefoot or sock-footed indoors.  Come summer, I do like to go outside barefoot, despite the risks from thorny blackberry vines and thistles which infest my lawn.

We went to the beach Sunday.  The Santa Cruz coast is scalloped, and each cove collects a different texture of sand.  This one was coarse and abrassive.  After going about a quarter mile down the beach, wandering back and forth between the cold water and the hot sand, we felt like our feet had been thoroughly polished.

False

So what?  Big deal.
    --Closing lines of Buckaroo Banzai Beyond the 8th Dimension, AND of my childhood mix tapes.

I never go outside barefoot.  I hate having dirty feet and then there's that bee I stepped on when I was a kid. 

Sometimes I go barefoot in the house, but I usually have on flip flops or sock booties depending on the weather.

False

Around the house, most of the time, outside, no. Nothing worse than stepping on a little frog in bare feet while enjoying the cool, damp grass.  Tongue Tied

False

These tootsies are NEVER bare unless they are in the swimming pool.

Sandals year round here, inside and outside. Slippers at bedtime..

False

In the house I like my fuzzy warm slippers in the winter but summer I'm always barfoot in the house and on the porches...when I go off the porch I want my sandles on!  I do not even like walking barefoot in the grass.  Our yard is so bumpy from old tree roots under the top layer of soil from many many large old elm trees that died off years ago.

Molly

False

I never wear shoes in the house. Years ago, when I worked on farms, there was poop or dirt imbedded in the shoes. Now it is icing or batter or dough stuck in the grooves. Outside, always bearfoot except when mowing and weedwacking. Although the acorns on the ground really hurt when you step n them.
    False

When the tides of life are against you

And the current upsets your boat

Don't think of things that might have been

Just lay on your back and float

Ed Norton     1954

The Honeymooners

I used to be barefoot all the time in the house--shoes came off as soon as I walked in the door--and most of the time outside, too. Only wore shoes if I was going somewhere. When I was diagnosed with diabetes, I was told to wear shoes all the time, inside and out.

I've gotten into the habit of wearing flip flops (and I get in trouble for that, since they aren't *real* shoes and don't offer much protection) all the time in the house now, even putting them on when I get up at night for the few steps to the bathroom. And during the summer, I wear flip flops outside way more often than sneakers or anything else. Last summer I even wore them to a doctor's visit. He made a comment about it,  but I told him that even if I'd worn regular shoes, as soon as I took them off for him to check my feet, he'd have seen the tan lines from the flip flops and known.... LOL

False

Either or.  Since the weekend, it's been warm enough to go barefoot outside here.  In winter, I usually wear socks at least, since it gets cold away from the fire.
    False

"Why do they make women's shampoo smell like fruit and flowers? If we want to attract men with the smell of our hair, it should smell like bacon." "...good things come to those who wait. True, but unless you're making a souffle or catching the bus, better things come to those who do something."--Amy Alkon

First two things to come off after work - shoes and bra! 

I am always  barefoot in the house!!  And a lot of the time outside the house and in the yard.

False